BURGUNDY: Episode 4.2

Mayumi and Grim arrived outside Ramshackle Dorm and smiled at the amount of soft white snow surrounding the area. It looked like fluffy clouds laying around them, almost welcoming them to jump in.

"Wow, look at all the snow! It's a winter wonderland!" Grim exclaimed and proceeded to jump on the snow, only to plummet deep into it as if it were water.

Not hearing a reply, the ravenette stared at the cat's back, wondering why he wasn't moving.

"Grim?"

He wasn't replying because he was stuck deep in the snow.

Seeing this, Mayumi quickly grabbed the cat and noticed he was shivering with pieces of snow particles stuck to his fur.

Grim's teeth clattered from the cold, leading him to bury himself within Mayumi's blazer for warmth. "I-It's..c-cold."

The girl wrapped him with her blazar and snuggled closer to him, letting him gather as much heat as he could. "Let's go check on the fire fae then. They'll help warm you up."

"C-Can we get something from the kitchen to eat too?" Grim mumbled, still shivering.

Smiling, Mayumi hugged him closer to her, "Sure. Let's hurry and grab firewood first."

-----

The two quickly made it to the cafeteria where they found the place the fire faes were residing. The ravenette carefully placed the firewood in and watched the fire crackle, igniting small sparks.

Bringing Grim closer to the fire, Mayumi felt him relax within her hold, enjoying the heat the faes provided him.

A fire fae curiously watched them with a smile, blessing them with more warmth.

"So you guys are the fire fae that live here. Just being next to you guys warms me to the core, y'know." Grim exhales, rubbing his paws together next to the fae.

The fire fae didn't reply but continued to smile.

Mayumi smiles in return and nods her head, "Thank you for providing us with warmth. We appreciate it."

The fire fae's smile widened as they flew up to the ravenette and circled her head, leaving trails of small sparks around her.

Mayumi's eyes widened at the effect the fae left around her. It felt like the sun kissed her on the cheek.

"Wow."

The sound of the chopping and sizzling suddenly got the attention of Grim who perked up in interest. "Hm? What's this? I hear a sound like a knife on a cutting board and juicy frying meat mixed in with the crackle of the fire!?!" He exclaimed, drooling at the thought of some delicious food.

"Then there's the smell of spices from a far-off land landing that 'certain something'! It's coming from the kitchen. Let's check it out!" Grim excitedly pulled on Mayumi's sleeve to get her to follow him to the kitchen.

Mayumi gave the fire fae, who was playing with her finger, an apologetic smile, "Sorry, I have to leave right now. But I'll come back. I still need to deliver wood to you and your friends."

The fire fae nodded with a smile and returned to the wood to continue warming the school. Bowing in thankfulness, Mayumi finally let Grim direct her to the kitchen to see who was behind the sound of cooking.

Thinking it was a couple of ghosts, the ravenette didn't think much of it but once she arrived inside, she and Grim were surprised. Scarabia residents were roaming and cooking in the kitchen, almost as if they were unaware that it was winter break. Weren't they supposed to be going home?