BURGUNDY: Episode 4.12

Cute fanart by  missloupcute

━━━━━

Slowly sitting up from what seemed to be a self-made bed out of pillows, Jamil rubbed his head, feeling sore. It felt like someone had bashed his head against the floor.

"Ugh...where am I?" He groaned.

"What a relief. It seems like you're back to normal." Azul said, standing beside him with a neutral expression. It was hard to decipher his emotions at the moment, but everyone knew he wasn't too happy.

"Ffnaa..that monster and demon are gonna haunt my dreams.." Grim teared up, still terrified about basically everything that has happened, especially seeing his human let Douma take control. He didn't think that would ever happen. No one did.

Gaining his focus back, Jamil blinked and looked around, trying to spot a certain ravenette. "Mayumi...where is she?"

Azul narrowed his eyes down at him, dubious of him. "What do you want from her now?"

"Oya? Are you perhaps worried about her?" Jade mused, pretending to be shocked.

"Sea Snake, are you going to try to bully her again?" Floyd teased, but his eyes were full of threats, daring him to say yes so he could have a reason to squeeze him.

Jamil frowned, clearly aware of their distrust towards him. But once again, he couldn't say anything because they had a reason to feel distrustful of him.

"You called?" The said girl mumbled, appearing behind him with Obanai the snake wrapped around her neck. The two looked tired as they stared down at him, one with blankness and the other with distaste.

Both of them had previously disappeared, leaving the Octavinellle trio to take care of the duo. What they went to do, the group still doesn't know.

For a moment, Jamil just stared at Mayumi, not knowing what to say anymore. The more he stared, the more he wished he could change what he did to her. He just wanted to beat himself up. "I.."

Before he could say anything, Kalim suddenly collapsed in front of him with tears gathering up in his eyes. "Jamil.....WHAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!" He bawled out, becoming a crying mess. Everyone just watched, either amused or in awkwardness.

Mayumi slightly smiled, seeing as Kalim still cared for Jamil even after everything he had done. He was too kind...and naive.

"Baby otter, you can't talk if you're crying." Floyd said as he grinned down at the duo.

Jade coyly smiled beside his brother, apathetic with the emotion being shown before him. "It seems he's forgotten all about that punch he was going to give him."

Smirking, Floyd glanced at the ravenette who seemed to have blanked out. "Starfish-chan already did it for him, right?"

Snapping out of her daze, Mayumi blinked, not sure what he was talking about but went along with it. "Yeah."

'You should have given him more than a punch...heh.'

'I forgot you're back. I had already erased you from my memory'

'Thanks for the warm welcome, ugly.'

Jade, who had noticed the ravenette blanking out, stood beside her, quietly keeping a close eye on her in case she somehow fainted from what had previously happened.

But the reason why she was dozing off was because of the effect Douma had on her from taking over. But she wasn't going to bring that up.

Kalim did not mind the Leech brothers' words for he was more focused on his friend. "I'm so glad you're alive...you're alive..." He continued to weep as incoherent words sprouted out his mouth.