LAVENDER: Episode 3.11

'It's the light again!'

In the distance, Douma and Mayumi saw a boat in a lake with two people in it, lovingly staring at each other.

To Mayumi, it looked sweet. 

But to Douma, it looked like they were going to eat each other's faces.

'At least tell me your name.' The prince begged the red-haired female.

'Deez nuts.'

The red lobster peeks his head from the water while keeping a distance from their vision, 'Her name is Ariel!'

'That's a pretty name...Ariel...'

Then, two eels flipped the boat over, preventing the prince and mermaid from kissing so Ariel doesn't win in the end.

From under the water, Ursula gritted her teeth, 'That girl is tougher than I thought. I'll show you what my magic is really capable of!'

'Ursula, enough! Release my daughter.' Ariel's father, Triton sternly ordered the octolady.

Ursula laughed at the King's situation who was desperate to save his daughter. 'She belongs to me now. But I'll gladly make a trade. Her, for someone more valuable.'

She presents a contract to the King who looked helpless, 'King Triton, accept the deal and sign the contract!'

The dream fades and the voice of someone's crying starts to surface instead.

'...someone....'

'Douma?'

'....please..I....'

Mayumi gasped when she felt something wrap around her neck, making her choke out for air. The crying got louder and angrier as the sounds of wires ringed past her ears.

'I can't take it anymore!'

'Mayu-chan!'

A dark chuckle boomed through her dream, startling the ravenette.

You utter failure. Who are you going to die for now?

"We'll stay together, until the end."

The butterfly who cut her wings?

"My burning love for you never diminishes."

The flame who let himself burn out?

"Maybe one day...we can visit the ocean.."

Or the water who drained himself in misery?

Mayumi listened to the taunting voice who took great joy in her silence. This was nothing but entertainment for it.

So many choices.

'I hope you choke on those shitty words of yours, pest.'

She suddenly felt something cold touch her. It felt wet and disgusting. It reached for her chest with sharp claws and was just inches away from impaling her heart.

'Wake up!'

She felt a cool wave of water take her away, bringing her up to a blinding light.

~~

Mayumi gasped out, clenching her chest in sudden fright.

That coldness in her dream didn't feel right. It felt like needles slicing her skin. Like thousands of paper cuts.