BURGUNDY: Episode 4.11

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Warning]: 'Slight' gore. Not too graphic.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Douma appeared in Mayumi's dream, finding it empty.

It was all white.

But in the very corner, Mayumi sat there with her eyes tightly shut, her hands over her mouth as her shoulders shook.

Douma slowly walked up to her, his brows furrowing in concern.

"Mayu-chan?"

She didn't react to his calls, almost as if she didn't hear him. When he got closer to her, he picked up on her cries, seeing her figure shake.

Bending down in front of her, Douma gently grabbed her hands, finally getting her attention. Mayumi looked up at him, letting him see her tearful eyes.

Douma stiffened at the sight. He's seen her cry a few times during his new life with Mayumi, but every time she cried, it broke his heart.

"Mayu-chan, what happened?"

"Douma...?" She whispered, staring at him with disbelief. Touching his face, the ravenette studied his appearance to make sure he was real and not another illusion. She wouldn't be able to bear any more of her emotions if the Douma in front of her was fake.

But when she realized he was indeed the demon she's been wanting to see, Mayumi burst out into more tears bringing him in a tight hug, relieved but heartbroken. She gripped onto him, afraid he'd disappear at any moment.

"I'm sorry, Douma. I'm so sorry." She cried.

The said demon was confused. Why was Mayumi apologizing? She didn't do anything wrong.

"Why?"

"I'm sorry for not taking care of you. I'm sorry I didn't give you any attention. I'm sorry for everything, Douma. He took you. Then he took her. He forcefully took you two away...I..I can't..." She wept, her distraught increasing.

Douma hugged the girl back, frowning to himself as he heard the girl break down. The sight of her tears made his chest tighten with guilt. "No, I'm so sorry Mayu-chan. This is all my fault. If I didn't fall for his trap, this never would have happened."

"No, no...it's not." Mayumi cried. "If...If I listened, if I took proper care of myself, you wouldn't have disappeared. Kanao wouldn't have bothered leaving the afterlife to come to heal me. Because she did, Enmu took her away. All because of me. I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't say that." Douma frowned, tears welling up in his eyes the more the ravenette cried. "Your sister wouldn't want you to blame yourself. This wasn't your fault."

Crying, the ravenette lowered her head in shame. She felt way too drained by her tears and knowing that Enmu has Kanao with him, made it worse.

"I...I need to save her."

Douma's frown deepened, "...Mayu-chan. I don't think you should go out there."

Wiping her tears, the girl shook her head. "I cannot let Kanao be within his hands any longer, nor can I let Jamil end up killing himself."

As he heard her, Douma's frown tightened. He hated this. He always did, since the very beginning.

Why was she forced to be the 'hero' in these idiotic situations? Who forced her into this stupid mess? Don't they realize she's destroying herself because of this? Is this why she was reincarnated? To repeat the past again?