VIOLET: Episode 5.9

I live 💀

━━

When Deuce, Epel, and Mayumi made it back to Pomefiore, the first thing they saw was Vil's face. And he wasn't too happy.

He had actually been waiting for them outside the dorm for some time already, and the more he waited, the more irritated he got.

The two first-year boys looked down, avoiding eye contact with the beautiful blonde while Mayumi innocently smiled and waved at the dorm leader. 

"We're back~"

Vil placed his hands on his hips, sighing either in disappointment or annoyance. "I told you to make sure they didn't get in trouble."

He then shifted his attention to the boys with a frown. "How dare you two come back here. Not only did you skip lessons and leave campus without permission, but you got into a fight. You won't be penalized for the fight because it was in self-defense, but what did you plan to do if the VDC was canceled due to your reckless behavior? JUST HOW IRRESPONSIBLE CAN YOU BE?!" He angrily bellowed.

'Vil, chill. This isn't you 🥺'

Deuce stepped forward, seeming to protect Epel from the blonde's view of anger. "Schoenheit, I'm really sorry for the endless trouble we've caused you. I'm the one that forced Epel to leave campus. I take full responsibility!"

Epel instantly interjected as he raised his voice, "No! I'm the one who ran out of the lesson and the one who picked the fight. It's all my fault!...And, today, I finally understood. The power Vil was talking about." He softly spoke at the end.

Vil's eyes widened from his words as a small sound of surprise erupted from his lips.

"Deep down, I always looked down on those who put much value on their 'beauty' and 'cuteness'. But because Vil introduced our local juice, everyone in the village was so happy. I feel like I finally understand what you meant when saying power is beauty. And I want power like that too."

Vil gave a small chuckle, smirking down at the lavender-haired boy. "Hmph. Let me tell you something, Epel. I like making people kneel."

' What. '

'Oh! Kneel to pray! ^^'

'Oh, they'll be praying 😏'

Mayumi internally exhaled in exhaustion.

'Stop trying to taint Mitsuri.'

'She has 5 children...she's already been tainted!'

'I–.....( ⸝⸝◞◟⸝⸝)'

Vil crossed his arms over his chest as he stared down at the lavender boy, some fondness lurking in his amethyst eyes. "The power to overwhelm others with my presence without violence and make them more eloquent, that power is born from beauty. To that end, I work tirelessly on improving my own beauty so nobody else compares. To be the most beautiful in the world. You are fortunate that you were born with a blade called cuteness, but it's up to you to sharpen that blade or let it rust. Take that to heart."

Epel nodded, accepting and determined to abide by Vil's advice. "Yessir. I want to...keep getting stronger and stronger. Strong enough to defeat Neige and...even you!" He smirked.

Vil raised a brow, a smirk of amusement on his face. "Oh? Those are big words."

Rook appeared beside the ravenette, eyeing her for a bit before he started to chuckle from the blonde's conversation. "These chicks seem to have done a lot of self-reflection. And our lovely manager was able to keep them safe and sound. Will you forgive them, Roi de Poison?"