LAVENDER: Epilogue 3.3, Finale

(EDIT DONE BY MissButterfly___00 This is Mayumi's photoshoot pic :))

This chapter is dedicated to two Douma Simps, Lonelypurrplepotato and IlikeAnimels

I've been reading the comments you put about Douma and y'all are funny.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Nervous.

Douma is nervous. Something wasn't right.

His head has been hurting more than usual and he randomly blanks out at times, something that didn't happen before.

Unfortunately, he ignored that issue and worried about something else.

Mayumi was his biggest concern. Ever since he saw her cough out blood and suddenly get sick out of nowhere, he became anxious. Because he knew that he had failed his job. He couldn't prevent whatever it was that was making the ravenette's health decrease.

Worst of all, Mayumi's adopted sister, Kanao, hasn't come to heal the girl, which is very concerning and a bit frightening.

Douma hummed a song to himself in his snow-like domain, watching Mayumi ice skate in a frozen lake he created. She seemed so free at the moment, unbothered by the problem the demon was so worried about. 

Douma smiled at the girl, brightening up when she returned one to him.

"Did...you lie?"

Those were the final words Giyuu had asked the demon before he left. The water hashira gave him a worried but disappointed look, his blue eyes holding regret and grief.

Douma understood why. He killed the guy's partner and caused so many problems for his dearest friend/student. Giyuu regrets leaving, he was still saddened by the past, and he hated that Douma did not prevent the problem affecting Mayumi.

But how was Douma supposed to stop it when he didn't even detect it in the first place? 

"...you lied."

Douma frowned. Maybe he did unintentionally lie somehow. But it wasn't on purpose!

Before being assigned to Mayumi as a 'servant' and 'guardian', Douma had made an oath to the higher beings to aid Mayumi in her new life, to make up for his past actions, and protect her wherever and whenever.

But he failed...so now he's being seen as a liar by the others, the Hashiras.

The demon's humming became quieter, staring at all the blood of the past that tainted his hands. He was starting to think that maybe he was starting to become a good person. Well, a 'decent' one.

But he isn't. 

He'll never be one. 

He can't. He's a demon.

Rainbow eyes glanced back at the ravenette, watching the calm expression the girl held.

Douma really likes Mayumi. He thought she was the nicest person he's ever met (coming after her older sister Kanae). She may show her annoyance to him and take joy in his weak moments, but she never raised her hand to him.

She would at times throw something at him, like a pillow, but never something that could gravely harm him. She always tried to give him some type of affection, like a smile to get him to calm down.