BURGUNDY: Episode 4.1

'Hellloo~~ Mayu-chan?'

The ravenette blinked, awakening somewhere that wasn't the snowy domain. A new dream?

She noticed the huge hills of sand surrounding the whole place, making it look like they were completely isolated. But they weren't, because a man on top of a horse came into view in the lonely desert.

'You are late.' Someone announced.

'It's...! Um, who is he?'

'I don't know.'

'I had to slit a few throats but I got it.' A small irrelevant man said, making up an excuse. 'Trust me, my pungent friend.'

A string of yellow lights zoomed away and Jafar quickly followed after it. 'Quicky! Follow the trail!'

The sand formed into the head of a panther as it opened its mouth with a glowing light inside.

'The Cave of Wonders!'

Jafar turned to the short man with a twisted grin, 'Remember, bring me the lamp. The lamp is mine!'

'..This is boring. I was hoping for some type of action.'

'It's just the beginning.'

'Who disturbs my slumber?' The head of the panther demands.

But no one replied because the dream had ended.

----

Mayumi had woken up, feeling a little colder than usual. It didn't really affect her usual routine, but it did feel weirder than usual. Ignoring it, she freshened up for the day like she normally would. She had woken up Grim and forcefully brushed his tooth with the mint toothpaste he hated.

As the two finished with their morning routine, she noticed how excited the ghosts had suddenly become.

"Is today a special day for you three?" She asked the grinning ghosts.

"Today is your last day! Tomorrow, the winter holidays start! Aren't you excited?" The short ghost asks with glee.

"What do you guys plan to do?" The tall ghost added.

Grim stared at the ghost with a befuddled expression. For a moment, he thought they were speaking a different language. "The hell is winter holidays?" He asked with his wide curious eyes.

"It's what they call that big break you get in winter. Usually, kids go home to celebrate the new year with their family and have a big feast." The short one replied.

The last word caused Grim to gasp with joy, "Ffgna!! A feast!?"

"Of course that got your attention." Mayumi sighed as she hid a small smile, amused with his antics.

"Oh yeah. With roasted turkey and cake and a gingerbread house...well, none of us can eat that." The tall one shrugged, grinning at Grim who was drooling at the sound of food.

"Us ghosts usually make our way back to the other side to see our families too."

"And some of them never return to this side! Heeheehee." The big ghost jokes.

Hearing about the other side, Mayumi got caught up in her own mind. She wondered if it was possible for her to enter the other side where the dead resided. If she could, would she still be able to meet her deceased friends or just completely funny-looking ghosts?

"Eat and be merry with family..." Grim murmured, unfamiliar with that term.

Hearing him, Mayumi faces the cat. She wondered if he was reminiscing memories of his own loved ones. "What about you? Do you have a family waiting for you?"