VIOLET: Episode 5.11

Mayumi and Grim hurriedly arrived at the coliseum and made it somewhat in time.

As they walked inside, they saw the performers from various schools huddled in their own groups as news outlets prepared their equipment for the show.

Grim grinned in excitement, staring in awe at the stage. "Whoa, the stage they were working on this morning is ready to go, y'know."

Mayumi nodded in agreement as she noticed the reporters glancing her way in recognition. "Yeah, let's hurry and get to the others." She quickly urged.

"Hey, you guys over there!" A staff member yelled as they stood in front of the two, blocking their way to enter. "The rehearsal for VDC is about to begin. Unauthorized personnel are not allowed. Please leave."

Mayumi faced the staff member and apologetically smiled. "Oh, sorry. We have our pass right here." Seeing the badge the girl held, the staff member's eyes widened. They were put into even more shock when they realized who they were speaking to.

"Y-You're the show's host! My apologies! Please head this way." The staff member urgently said, moving out the way and letting the girl and the cat pass through.

"Heh! That's right. Look who you're talking to." Grim smirked, radiating with pride.

' Yeah! Move out the way pathetic humans! '

Hearing the interaction, Vil crossed his arms while he wore a threatening smirk as Mayumi and Grim made their way towards them. "You two must think you're some big shot showing up here at the last second."

"...We were half a second late." Grim deadpanned.

"Care to repeat that again?" Vil asked, narrowing his eyes down at the now trembling cat.

"Ffgna! N-Nothing!" Grim squeaked, not wanting to be poisoned again.

Mayumi feigned a look of scare as she looked at the beautiful blonde before her. "Oh, my greatest apologies, your majesty. Would it help if I kneeled and begged for forgiveness?"

Vil didn't say anything, opting to glance away and mutter something to himself.

Rook stepped in, letting the blonde have his moment to (compose) himself. "Did you two enjoy walking around the festival?"

"There were a crazy number of people waiting in line for same-day tickets, y'know!" Grim mentioned, recalling the energetic people surrounding the ravenette.

Kalim jumped in with a beam after hearing his reply. "Really? I'm glad! This is going to be so exciting!"

"There are a huge number of cameras and press here too. They're all probably here for Vil and Neige since they're both performing." Jamil said, aware of why there was more attention than before.

"Oh yeah. Ace, Deuce, Epel. Riddle and Jack said they'll have your head if you mess up during the performance." Grim smirked in mischief.

Mayumi sighed, seeing the reaction of the three first-years.

Deuce flinched, sweatdropping as he felt a sudden weight of anxiety on his shoulders. "Ugh, don't put more pressure on us."

"N-Now I'm really nervous..." Epel frowned, looking like he was going to cry.

Ace sighed, staring at the two anxious boys with a forced, serious look. "We're gonna start rehearsal soon, then three hours until we get on stage. Nerves ain't gonna cut it guys."

"He's right. We have rehearsal to avoid making any mistakes during the actual performance. Every year, the school hosting the event is the one first to perform. Let's put on a show that makes everyone else look like nothing but potatoes." Vil encouragingly smiled.