BURGUNDY: Episode 4.5

I'm sorry guys. Some of y'all...me van odiar...

Partial inspiration for this chapter [Chamber of Reflection by Mac DeMarco]

━━━━━━━━━━━

After washing and drying the dishes previously used, Mayumi started making her way to the lounge with cleaning materials and immediately began working.

She would have brought out the ice children to help her out, but she had a feeling that if she did, something could go wrong. Recently, controlling Douma's ability has been starting to get a bit difficult.

It could be due to the problem of her previously getting sick or...something is going on with Douma. She hoped it wasn't the latter.

Or else that would be absolutely disastrous.

But, Mayumi didn't really see anything odd about the demon, only that he was feeling more annoyed now that they're yet in another tough dilemma.

'How are you feeling?'

'As the modern people would say, my vibe is not gucci. But I've been feeling more like that water friend of yours.'

'...depressed?'

'Yeah! You don't pay attention to me anymore. And we don't ice skate too often because of all those BOYS and responsibilities.'

Mayumi stayed quiet, finding truth in his words. She has been paying less attention to him even when she's dreaming. Before, the two would just stay in the snow or watch the ice children play, but now, it doesn't really happen.

'We'll spend more time with each other then. And maybe, you can even show me that mirror collection you've been happy about.'

'Really?!'

'Really.'

'You promise?'

'I promise.'

'Yay! We'll have fun, Mayu-chan! Just you wait!'

But something else that Douma didn't tell her was that he's been feeling more anxious than ever. He's been feeling really odd ever since winter break started like something crucial happened. Though he couldn't remember, which is not normal at all.

Searching through his memory, Douma found nothing but a blank wall. It was as if something was guarding it, preventing him from remembering.

It only increased his anxiousness and worries.

'Mayu-chan, do you happen to recall anything strange happening between us before coming here?'

Mayumi raised a brow at his question.

'Well, for one, my sudden sickness. But now that I think about it, I remember feeling much colder than usual. Not the one I would feel from your blood art, but this one feels....wet?'

Before Douma could reply, Mayumi suddenly felt a threatening presence behind her. Out of reflex, she punched the person in the face.

"I wasn't expecting this as a greeting."

Mayumi raised a brow, seeing that it was just Jamil who didn't seem really affected by the hit at all. "If I knew it was you, I would have punched harder."

Turning back to her work, she continued to broom, ignoring Jamil's burning stare. She really didn't want to deal with him at the moment. Every time she was around him, she felt like she would lose herself.