VIOLET: Episode 5.5

Mayumi was brewing some tea in her dorm with Daki when suddenly the two heard someone knocking on the door. Hearing the knock, Daki pouted and disappeared, not wanting to be seen.

Already aware of who it was, the ravenette made her way to the entrance and opened the door for them.

"Come in."

Several footsteps entered the dorm's foyer, causing Grim to frown. He was still unhappy with the training camp being held in Ramshackle.

"Bonjour, Mayumi and Grim!" Rook greeted with a delighted smile. He was now in the home of the girl he stalk– admired. "I'm looking forward to staying here for the next four weeks. Please take care of us."

"This is all for my canned tuna. We just have to deal with it, y'know." Grim mumbled, trying to reassure himself.

Vil walked in next as he glanced around the dorm, inspecting it. "Ara, it's cleaner than I expected."

"I will ignore that." Mayumi mumbled. Instead, she faced her close running partner, her expression becoming more relaxed. "Epel, I'm so happy to see you! I wanted to see your cute smile."

The said male softly smiled, fiddling with his sleeve. "T-Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Uh, Pardon the intrusion." He quietly spoke, entering in after Vil.

Kalim gaped in awe when he stepped inside. "Woah, the ceiling is pretty low. If I came in on my magic carpet, I would hit my head."

Jamil sighed in annoyance at his comment. "First of all, stop trying to fly indoors."

He then faced the ravenette, trying not to display his nerves. "Mayumi, I'm sorry to trouble you, but would it be possible to be put in the same room as Kalim? Security here is a lot weaker than at Scarabia since you don't have to go through the Mirror Chamber."

"You always worry too much, Jamil. There haven't been any assassins after me since I started school here." Kalim smiled in reassurance.

Jamil deadpanned, wanting to scoff at him. "I'm not worried about you. My standing as your servant would fall if something happened to you. Just because nothing happened yesterday, doesn't mean it'll be the same today."

Mayumi thought over his request and innocently smiled. "I know how important your role is at the moment, but I'm going to have to decline your request. I've already assigned you your own room."

"Why? An assassination attempt is more likely to occur now than ever." Jamil frowned. For a moment, he thought Mayumi would accept his request, but after seeing her stoic expression, he knew it would be highly unlikely for the girl to comply. She's being hostile towards him.

"I don't want to sound completely rude, but I still don't trust you. Maybe a little, like 5%. But other than that, I can't reassure myself that Kalim will be safe with you looming over him for four weeks." Mayumi calmly said, noting Jamil's discomfort with her words. 

But she really didn't care too much. She can't forget what Jamil did to her and Kalim. She still gets nightmares from Enmu's dreams. Call her behavior petty, but it's going to take her a while to forgive the vice leader.

"Plus, safety in Ramshackle Dorm is my number one priority. No one will ever dare try something as foolish as an assassination." With each word the girl spoke, the atmosphere would darken, as if she was warning any outsiders from even daring to trespass.

Quickly, that tense air disappeared and was replaced with a peaceful one. "But if it makes you feel better, I placed your room next to Kalim's."

Jamil sighed, accepting the arrangement. He couldn't do much now but keep his hearing alert in case someone intruded into the dorm. But he did trust the girl's words. She would make sure outsiders wouldn't dare to enter. "I see. Then, that will do. Sorry for bothering you."