Chapter 58

Laying down on his bed, I watch Yukio carefully dab the end of my gash with a gauze soaked with alcohol.

He cleans off the blood that was running down to my hips, throwing it into the trashcan.

"You're lucky it was only a minor split." Yukio says as he begins to wrap new gauze around it. "It'll heal fully with a few days. Until then, I want you to take it easy."

I sigh. "Thanks."

"You still seem pretty pissed off." Shura smiles and sits at the end of the bed. "I kinda like it."

"Shura..." Yukio sighs.

"What?" She laughs. "I swear you were about to explode."

I look up at the bunk on top of me, folding my arms across my chest.

Mephisto and I never fight. Like ever.

"I'm going to give you some antibiotics to fight the pain for a little while." Yukio says, handing me to white pills.

I hold them in my hand and quickly swallow them dry.

"Gosh. What the hell even happened out there?" I face the two of them. "I've never seen so many together like that."

"It's unlikely, that's no doubt." Yukio says. "For all of them to be together in one place in the same moment,  there was something drawing them here."

Shura and Yukio quickly look at each other, but return to normal before I can point it out.

"Anyways..." He clears his throat. "You should get going to Mephisto's. I'm sure he's waiting for you."

I shake my head and sit up. "I can't believe him. Can you?"

They both look at each other again, not saying anything back to me.

I frown. "Is there something going on here that I'm not aware of-"

"Yukio!"

A small voice interrupts me.

I pause and look around me.

What was that?

"Yukio!" The voice calls again.

Yukio looks for a few moments and smiles. A small black cat suddenly runs down from the top bunk, landing perfectly on his lap.

I move back towards the wall, taken by surprise.

What the hell? A cat?

Wait a minute... that's a...

Cat Sidhe.

"That's..." I point at it. "That's a-"

"Yup, a Cat Sidhe. His name's Kuro." Yukio smiles, petting its black fur. "He's Rin's familiar, but he tends to go off and do his own thing most of the time."

I smile and laugh at how nervous I was.

I'm so used to Cat Sidhe's being ferocious creatures that feed of the souls of the living, but this one... is just so cute.

"It's nice to meet you," I say softly. "I'm Judi."

"You're Judi?!" Kuro jumps and walks toward me, rubbing against my leg. "Rin is always talking to me about you! You're the one with the pretty flames!"

I laugh and nod my head. "Sounds like me."

"Judi has somewhere to be, Kuro." Yukio says, taking him off of me. "You can see her later."

"I'll take you there!" Kuro smiles and frees himself from Yukio's grasp.

I smile and look up at Yukio.