Chapter 22

"Lord Pheles! Please don't kill me!" Kaji screams, dropping his clipboard onto the floor. He covers his face with his arms as I approach him.

Shura grabs hold of Kaji, throwing him onto the ground.

"If you're smart, you won't get up." Shura hisses.

Kaji gulps and doesn't move a muscle.

I kneel down and pick up Kaji's report.

He has very neat and organized writing, not one mispelled word to be found.

No wonder they asked him to evaluate Shura's interogation. He's a natural scribe.

"Hm..." I say to myself, looking over what he has written.

"Arthur Augustus Angel (Paladin) and Lord Mephisto Pheles (Preceptor) enter the Great Cell. Sir Angel appears to have a more harsher disposition in comparison to Lord Pheles in this particular situation. Sir Angel automatically begins to use violent notions towards Ms. Shura Kirigakure, in an attempt to get her to speak. Shura shows disrespect and lack of interest in Angel, causing him to grow angry and frustrated with Ms. Kirigakure within only a short span of time. Lord Pheles immediately halts Arhur's physical response, removing him from Shura before he can harm her in his anticipated way. (Is this because Lord Pheles has a personal affliction or relation with Ms. Kirigakure?) Lord Pheles justifies his action by stating Angel's way is immature and rushed and will not give them the desired result they are looking for. Angel is hesistant to concur, but allows Lord Pheles to take over the majority of the interogation. Lord Pheles begins to ask Ms. Kirigakure questions about the events that unfolded in the training, to which Ms. Kirigakure replies that she was merely training with another student, Rin Okumura (Exorcist-In-Training, Son of Satan). Angel questions this by asking her what the purpose in training with him was, to which Mr. Kirigakure insults him by stating it's a shame that he assumes the worst in the two of them, when in reality they just want to better their skills. (It is duly noted that during Lord Pheles questioning with Ms. Kirigakure, several looks and small notions were exchanged between the two of them. Are they keeping something hidden between the two? Is it possible that Lord Pheles asked her these particular questions on purpose, knowing that the answers and reactions from Sir Angel would lead to her release?). The final decision, given by Sir Angel, is to release Ms. Kirigakure since they were unable to find a stable connection between Ms. Kirigakure and the alleged demon. Lord Pheles and Ms. Kirigakure both seem to be sure that Sir Angel is delusional in his assumption that there in fact is a demon here at True Cross Academy. (Are they perhaps doing this on purpose in an attempt to disuade Sir Angel?)"

Incredible.

How did he manage to record everything with this much detail, along with personal sidenotes... in the small alloted time?

I flip to the second page, which now appears to be what happened... after Angel left.

"Sir Angel has left the Great Cell. Lord Pheles helps Ms. Kirigakure out of her handcuffs. They are having a conversa-"

The writing suddenly becomes messier and not lined as properly as it was before. The sentences have also become staggered and short, some only consisting of one word.

"Lord Pheles, Kirigakure helping Demon. Name Judi. Judi. Demon that Angel is hunting after. Lord Pheles attempting to keep her hidden. Kirigakure also aiding him. Other people helping keep her hidden. Cram. Cram Students helping hide demon. Pheles seems persistant she won't be found. Says he will not allow her to be caught. Kiriga agrees. Both conspiring. Both guilty of treason. Demon Judi. Dangerous. Must be executed immediately. Will be killed on account of violent nature. Guilty. Guilty-"