Chapter 47- Retribution

The Awakening-

When a demon first becomes allied with their power, they are officially the species of a demon, no longer human. Use of their power on Assiah will not affect their age, meaning that they will continue to grow into adulthood if they have not already. They are also not yet fully linked to their power.

But when the demon uses their power on Gehenna from a source of hate, revenge, or evil deeds, that is when the demon has become fully awakened. This meaning that they will no longer age, and will live forever in the current state of the same body they own (Unless they are killed by the puncture of the heart or source of power). They will also have more control of their power, and most likely will become more powerful than they were before.

A demon can only be truly awakened when the act of using their power takes place in Gehenna.

This power has to be used from anger or evil, not of protection of yourself or of another.

~

~Mephisto Pheles' Point of View~

"Mephisto... calm down." The three of them approach me, but I can vaguely see them as I become consumed by my own thoughts.

I slowly begin to back away from the orb.

I can't... I can't let her do this.

The risk isn't worth it.

It... it isn't worth her life.

Her father is... Agares?

Agares... a powerful demon of Gehenna who is the only demon unrelated to Satan, powerful enough to impregnate a demon as strong as Lila Rilegeki.

I suddenly fall onto my knees, looking straight ahead of me as gruesome images begin to fill my head.

"Mephisto, everything will be okay!" Shura exclaims, kneeling in front of me.

I frown and slowly look up at her.

"Everything will be... okay?" I growl, looking up at her. "I'm a bit too old to be lied to, Shura-"

"You shouldn't underestimate Judi, Mr. Pheles!" Rin shouts from behind us. "She... I'm sure she can handle it. Handle Agares."

I slowly rise and turn to face Rin, worry and anger boiling up inside of me.

"You honestly think that me, of all people, would... underestimate Judi?!" I shout. My voice is so loud that the small room seems to vibrate. "I'm not underestimating her, Rin. Because I know that she can defeat him, but only if she awakens!"

All of them fall silent at my words, including myself.

We stand there in the eerie quietness for a few moments before Yukio speaks up.

"You... you think she'll awaken?" He asks in a small voice.

I sigh and shake my head, closing my eyes for a brief moment.

"You saw how she reacted when Bella told her it was Agares." I exclaim. "If just knowing that he did it was enough for her to nearly awaken... imagine her when she sees him. When she talks to him."

He doesn't reply, knowing that I clearly answered his question.

"And I know that I don't want that to happen to her. And... I know she doesn't want that for herself either." I explain to all of them, raising my voice. "But unfortunately, it's not something she has 100% control of."