Chapter 25

"You... did what?!" Shura yells, placing her hands on top of her head.

I raise my eyebrows at her. "What? What I did was a smart move-"

"Smart move?" She laughs. She approaches me and places her hands on her hips. "What if he finds out you're lying?"

"He won't."

Shura scoffs and shakes her head at me. "I want to believe you, but I honestly don't."

"Yes, what you told him was cleverly worded, but he's eventually going to find out." Yukio suddenly says. "Because if Bella is here, it's still an issue because she's dangerous and came to Assiah to end your life. And why else would she still be here if she didn't suspect you were dead?"

I sigh and close my eyes.

At least Mephisto thought I was smart for a few moments.

"And if she isn't here... then Shura is right. While you were able to buy us more time... it didn't completely resolve the issue." He adds.

I turn to Mephisto.

I can tell he agrees with them. I think he just wanted to agree with me to make me happy... or something like that.

"Rin?"

I look at Rin, who's just looking at the ground.

He finally looks up at me after a few moments and sighs. "Sorry, Judi-San..."

I nod my head and fold my arms across my chest.

Yukio's right. I didn't solve anything.

All I did was buy us more time.

Not that having more time is a bad thing, if anything it's a good thing...

But it's not enough. And the punishment... will be even more drastic.

No. There won't be a punishment. I... I don't want to start thinking like that already.

I was stupid for thinking I could do something for myself. I was stupid for thinking that even more a moment... I was capable of helping the people I love around me.

My, dear... please don't think about yourself in that way.

I quickly turn and look up at Mephisto. How... how did he hear me?

How did you...?

You were thinking too hard. He smiles at me slightly. But I mean it. Do not speak like that.

I scoff. Don't tell me it isn't true, Samael. I know you agree with me.

I agree with them, Judi. But I do not agree about how you think you are incapable.

I shake my head and storm out of the room for the second time. Only this time, I'm hoping that no one follows me.

I think that if I just find the oppurtunity to clear my head... and to have some time for myself... I'll be fine.

I make it about halfway down the hallway until I begin to hear footsteps running behind me. I close my eyes and sigh, walking a little bit faster.

I make it to the staircase until I feel a hand grab onto my arm. I already knew it was Mephisto before he grabbed me, but the feeling of a glove against my skin confirms it.

I slowly turn and look at him. "What?"

"What do you think you're doing?" He asks.

"I need time to calm down, Samael." I say, frustrated. "I just need to... go somewhere where I can calm down."