Chapter 45- Retribution

Angel appears right in front of me, swinging his sword at my head. I void it in a split second, sending a lightning bolt up his back.

He snarls and backs away just slightly, his sword scraping against my coat.

He's quick, but his strength and agility in comparison to mine is weak.

He runs up to me, avoiding the impact of the lightning bolts by teleporting every 2 feet, gradually moving closer and closer.

He smiles as he raises his sword quickly over his head, swinging it down to me.

I grab the blade right before it can cut through one strand of hair on my head. I smile.

I tighten my grip on the blade, watching his eyes widen when he sees the blood dripping down my fingers and across the shiny metal of his Caliburn.

"You were saying that me coming here was a mistake..." I make my grip even tighter, blood gushing everywhere around my hand. "But in my eyes... I see you coming here as the mistake."

The blade begins to bend underneath my bloodied fingers.

"I see you attempting to kill me as a mistake."

I can hear the blade cracking.

"I see you saying those vile things about Judi... as a mistake."

Angel snarls and attempts to rip his sword out of my hold, and when he does, he stumbles back from shock.

His normally large, thick sword is now half its size.

The other half lies in my hands.

He clenches his teeth as he looks unto me, seething rage with a hint of fear clouding his expression.

"You bastard..." He shakes his head. "You honestly think that killing me will help you succeed? Or reedem yourself? Redeem that girl of yours?!"

I look up at him.

"Why don't you think for once, Mephisto?! If you were to kill me, you'd be given the worst punishment of all, wouldn't you?" He laughs. "You'd probably be sent back down to Gehenna, and we all know that is no good for that girl, right? So plan your actions wisely before you attack as boastful as I know you want to."

I clench my teeth, angered at his statement.

He's right... that's the problem.

I sigh deeply, making it purposely louder so that he can hear me.

"You may be right, Sir Angel." I rise my arms and breath out, channeling all of my energy into one place. "And you probably are right. But something tells me you didn't say that because you're looking out for me. Or Judi."

Angel gulps discretely.

"Something tells me that you know you're about to die, and that you are simply just buying time until your pathetic little help arrives... am I correct?" I smile and watch as thunderous lightning and fire begin to encircle the top of the hill. "I'm shocked that your confidence is as low as it's showing right now."

He clenches his teeth.

"I'm shocked that the Paladin... the supreme Exorcist on this large world of Assiah... has no confidence that he can defeat me... a Demon King." I smile. "I mean, it is very true that you cannot beat me... but goodness me, at least act like you can, Arthur."

His eyes suddenly move off to the side, his bluetooth piece in his ear making faint noises.

I smile.