Chapter 34

Osaka City- Part 4

The Beginning of the Retribution

I've been staring at myself in the mirror for a good 10 minutes now...

Yeah, I'm sure I've gotten a good enough look.

I can't make out if I look good with all of this... or just... weird. More importantly...

What will Mephisto think of me?

Mephisto and the others have been gone for a while now... they need to be getting back soon.

I look up at one of the vintage clocks on the wall.

It's already 5:40...

I know that guys don't need a lot fo time to get ready, and Mephisto will probably only take a few seconds...

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a gentle knocking on the door. I clear my head and walk over, opening the door to reveal... Mephisto.

Wow, what a peculiar turn of evemts.

He's about to open his mouth to speak, but he pauses once he takes in my appearance.

He looks me up and down, his eyes widening as he continues to study me.

Oh gosh... what if he thinks I look weird with all of this? What if he thinks it's too much? What if he doesn't like my dress? What if-

His eyes finally meet mine. "Judi-San..."

I smile nervously at him as he closes the door behind him.

"You're..." He smiles at me and continues to stare intently at me. "You're absolutely beautiful..."

"T-thank you," I sigh of relief, smiling when I hear those words come out of his mouth.

Gosh, I think way too hard about everything...

I always seem to be content with him, so why would this time be any different?

"And your dress... looks amazing on you." He adds. "Amazing..."

He suddenly jolts back, his body tensing up as he looks at me.

"I-I'm not saying that as in you don't look just as beautiful everyday, because you do-" He holds his hands up. "You're absolutely... stunning everyday."

"Don't worry, I got what you meant." I say with a smile. "But I appreciate it... a lot."

My cheeks suddenly begin to feel warmer.

Really? Even at this stage, I'm still blushing...?

He smiles at me, laughing under his breath. "I never thought I'd see those cute cheeks again."

He strokes my cheekbone with his hand, leaning in closer to me. "But I'm glad they decided to make another debut."

I cover my cheeks with my hands, laughing nervously. "Stop, we've already been through this... it's embarrassing, you know."

Mephisto laughs.

"My... you're very interesting, my love..." He pulls me closer to him, holding my hand in his. "We could defeat the world together and spend eternities with each other, but you'd still be embarrassed to blush in front of me."

I roll my eyes and shake my head. "That isn't true."

"It isn't?" He leans in and kisses me gently, running his other hand down my arm. "Then let's spend eternities with each other and see if I'm right."