Chapter 71

3 Days Later

Judi Rilegeki's Point of View

"-And in the end, Yukio paid for the dinner. It was such an annoyance, but he paid." Shura sighs, her boots clicking against the floor beneath us as she walks confidently.

"Typically the men are supposed to pay. It's common sense." I say. "Especially if you're still in the early stages of a relationship, my friend."

"We're not in a relationship." She scoffs. "And he bought dinner last time, so I figured it would only be fair if I-"

"Wait." I pause and smile at her. "So this isn't the first date you've gone on?"

"They're not dates." She groans.

"Mm." I smirk and look ahead as we continue to walk down the hallway.

"Anyways..." She quickly changes the subject. "The bill came out to be quite a lot since I ordered a lot of beers. Wouldn't it only be fair if I paid since I racked up most of the bill?"

"Shura, listen..." I sigh. "Mephisto always pays for food. I'm sure Rin buys Shiemi's food, and I'm even sure Azazel buys Bella food."

"Well, first of all, Mephisto is filthy rich... so of course he'd pay. Second of all-" She laughs. "Azazel isn't buying Bella food, he's buying that crazy bitch entrails and wine bottles with blood in them."

I laugh with her and shake my head.

"You know, she isn't as psycho as she used to be." I say softly. "She's still out there... but she's not the same."

"Don't go and replace me now." Shura retorts. "Birds of a demon feather flock together."

I grin. "Shut up. That'll never happen."

"Better not. There's a still a lot of shit you and I have to do."

"Like what?"

"Like get shit faced drunk at my favorite bar, go to America, burn shit down..." She laughs. "This is what friends do."

Our laughter echoes throughout the hall as we near her room.

It's been a while since I've been around these dorms, and with Shura in general.

The last time I saw her, I nearly killed her.

She hasn't brought it up even once, so I think it's safe to say we're letting it stay in the past.

We approach the door, and Shura opens it without having to unlock it.

"You just leave your door unlocked?"

"Yeah, it's not a big deal." She says. "I don't have any personal items really, and after you moved out, privacy was never an issue since I'm never here anyways. And the Cram Kids are the only ones who stay here, and those dumb shits know better than to come into my room."

I laugh under my breath.

I look around at the room, which is comfortably messy.

Clothes are tossed around the room, and the bunkbeds are stripped of their blankets and sheets.

And when I look over on the couch, I find them sprawled all over the cushions.

"So what have you been up to, anyways?" I ask, sitting in the chair next to the desk.

"I've been working way too much." She sighs. "Ever since the Grigori were killed, everyone is still in a panic even though they're still brainwashed. So now we're juggling not only our actual work, but also the codependent shit stains who can't work unless there's someone at the top."