Chapter 7

2 Weeks Later

~

"Judi-San."

"Jennifer?"

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turn around and see her.

She's just as beautiful as she was before. Her long, brown hair hanging down her back with her bright smile and blue eyes...

"Jennifer, oh my god!"  I run into her arms and hold her as if she's about to slip away right under me.

She embraces me gently, stroking my hair.

I pull away just so I can see her face. "Jennifer, I'm so sorry-"

"Oh, stop." Jennifer sighs, holding my hands in hers. "Don't say sorry to me, Judi-San."

"But... I-"

"No." She releases her hands from mine. "There's no time, Judi-San. You have to leave."

"Leave... why?"

"They're after you, Judi-San. They'll find you here, they'll slaughter you right in front of your friends-"

"Jenny... w-what are you talking about?!"

"LEAVE NOW!" She screams, running away from me."Jennifer, wait!" I cry, chasing after her. "Don't lea-"

A hand goes over my mouth, another force pulling me to the ground.

A black figure... similar to that of a cloud hovers over me, two beady red eyes staring down into mine.

"You're not very clever, Judi." The figure says, it's voice raspy and sharp. "Finally... you will pay the price."

A sharp pain in both of my legs causes me to cry out.

The pain travels up into my knees and disperses into my stomach.

"Jennifer!" I scream, but it seems to worsen the pain in my body.

I look down and see blood pouring out of every part of my body, along with my flames immersing from behind my head.

"Jenni-" Blood begins to fill my mouth, making me unable to say another word.

"Silly girl..." The voice says once again. "You are such a shame on your mother and father."

"How about we end it now?"

I wake up, sweating and panting and shaking.

I shoot up from my bed, but wince from the sting in my stomach. The energy I got from Amaimon is starting to wear off, that's no question.

Shura is still sound asleep on the couch, her jacket covering her face.

God... what the hell was up with that dream?

I lay my head back onto my pillow, staring at the ceiling on top of me.

It's been two weeks since I've been here now, and I haven't seen Mephisto at all.

Maybe he's listening to Yukio and Shura?

Or is he choosing not to see me on his own?

I try not to think hard about it, but I can help but make my entire mind revolve around it.