Chapter 44- Retribution

I shut the four of us in a random room that I stumble upon, quickly locking the door after we're all inside.

"Jesus, what the hell are you doing?" Shura sighs. She stumbles over a wooden box underneath her. "And why this room?"

It seems the room we're in is a storage closet, because the floor is barely visible underneath all of the clutter and miscellaneous items.

Yukio and Rin share the same look as her, but they don't make their complaints audible.

I look at all of them before I say anything, mainly because my mind sidetracks after her question. I shake my head and clear my throat, breathing out to regain my senses.

"I... I need your help. All of you." I say softly, all of them staring me down as they wait for me to continue. "I know what I have to do. What we have to do... to get one step closer to getting Judi back."

All of them immediately becoming attentive, straightening up in front of me.

"What is it that we have to do?" Shura asks without hesitation.

"Whatever I have to do to get her back..." Rin adds. "I'll do it, Mephisto."

Yukio nods his head in accord, folding his arms across his chest.

I nod my head and exhale softly. Knowing that they're willing to help me lifts a small bit of the weight off of my shoulders.

I clear my throat.

"Back at my old mansion at the Academy, there's a room beneath the floors that works as a what you would call... an agency for the Exorcists. Shura, you've been there before." I look over at her, to which she nods her head. "Anyways, there's a power circuit in the center of the room that we used as a persay 'glass ball' to look into Gehenna."

All of them nod their heads, waiting for me to continue.

"It's located in my mansion mainly because without me, the Order would be unable to use it. The circuit requires a demon entity in order to function, so ever since our escape, I'm sure that agency is abandoned since there are many located throughout Japan." I explain. "If we can get to that room, then we'll be able to see Judi. And... if we see her... we maybe able to see what exactly Satan has planned to do with her. And how we'll be able to help her."

"We'll have to be vigilant." Yukio says. "Although there may not be any Exorcists in the agency, there's no doubt we'll run into them on the way there."

"They'll probably be in the mansion itself." Shura adds. "I'm sure they have that place on lockdown ever since-"

Shura pauses and doesn't bother to continue.

"I'll be able to teleport all of us to the Academy, but once we get there, we need to create some distance between my mansion before we move in. Shura's right. A large majority of them will most likely be there, so I'd rather not lead us right into a sea of Exorcists."

Rin exhales deeply.

"Listen... I said that I'll do anything to help Judi, and I stick by that still. But... even if we do see her, and even if we find out about Satan's plan... how will we be able to help her anyways?" He exclaims. "I'm trying to think positively, but... what would we do after that?"

I swallow and keep my throat clenched tight to maintain a content disposition.

"If there is something I can do, I'll do it. No matter what it is, I see it as one step closer to getting her back. It's unclear of the next step, but I'm hoping what we see in Gehenna will make it a bit clearer." I reply, keeping my voice calm.