Chapter 64

Judi Rilegeki's Point of View

~

I fall on my butt again, groaning with frustration as I look up at Angel.

"Tch, don't get mad at me!" Angel smirks. "It's not my fault you're not doing it right."

I scoff and stand back on my feet.

"I'm actually doing exactly what you told me to do, yet every single time I do it, you change your defense and it messes me up!"

"That's exactly what I'm trying to convey, Judi. Stop being so blind." He folds his arms across his chest. "You honestly think that a demon will use the same exact attack over and over again after he realizes what your offense is? Demons may be less developed mentally, but they know how to fight. In saying that, you'll always have to think fast and adjust yourself to the enemies tactics before you even attempt to bring it down."

I sigh and shake my head.

Training with Angel is one of the most interminable and exhausting things I have ever experienced.

Aside from him being naturally obnoxious and boastful, just his precense alone sends me over the edge.

"If you want to get an attitude, you can go sit on your ass with Shura and light candles. It's your choice."

"I choose neither." I hiss.

"That's not a choice. While you're in this room, you're doing something. Exorcists aren't lazy."

"Oh, aren't they?"

I point to Shura and Lewin who are sitting against the wall half asleep.

Angel sighs. "They don't count. They're naturally like that. As for you, I expect you give me 100% at all times."

"Geez, give me a break."

"In battle, you don't get breaks." He takes a step forward to push me, but I dodge it and knee him on his side.

He collapses onto the ground and looks up at me with a what seems to be... satisfied look.

"Not bad."

I press my lips together and clear my throat.

I'm not going to thank Angel. It seems as if my mouth can't even bear to utter those words to him, anyhow.

The sound of the door slowly creaking open catches all of our attention.

Kaji slowly stands up from his chair once the door opens just a bit more.

Standing in the doorway is...

Mephisto.

I sigh of relief and smile faintly. Seeing him after dealing with Angel for so long is such a breath of fresh air.

I look up at him and expect him to smile back at me and run up to hug me, but he doesn't.

He just slowly walks in... his head hung and his shoulders down.

His eyes are dark, and his skin is pale.

What... what happened to him?

I slowly walk towards him, stopping directly in front of him as soon as he approaches me.

I stare into his eyes.

"My love... are you okay?"

His eyes don't move.

I place my hand on his arm. "Mephisto... what's wrong? Tell me."

He finally looks at me in the eye, but instead of replying, he just stares. His eyes are bloodshot and blurry... it looks like he's been crying.