Chapter 37

The room falls silent once Bella's voice reaches their ears.

And I know why they're silent. I know why they're scared and have lost the will to make a noise...

If I were them, I'd take the oppurtunity and leave the building.

Timothee Timowan and the Grigori stay silent with them, keeping their eyes locked on her at all times.

The Exorcists remain vigiliant, their weapons in hand... but for what?

"I almost thought you all forgot about me..." She smiles as she walks past Mephisto and I, alarming me to a point where I shoot up to my feet.

I stand next to him, trying to stay as close as I can.

She's still wearing her long, red dress, her long red hair flowing behind her as she comes to a stop. Her overall appearance is devilish, and can make anyone lose their breath.

Her blood colored eyes suddenly lock on mine, flashing her fangs in a sly smile.

The sight of her face causes me to freeze, feeling as if I am no longer able to move.

I shouldn't be scared anymore, I shouldn't fear her...

But fear seems to be inevitable around Bella Fuoce.

She overlooks my wounded leg and arm, but she doesn't seem shocked that I'm in such a sickly condition.

"Tch. Goodness, Angel... you really wanted this girl dead, huh?" She turns to Angel and shakes her head. "I'm glad Sir Pheles came when he did."

"Cease with the petty remarks, Bella Fuoce." The Grigori exclaim, halting Bella's voice. "You are here merely because we allowed you to speak upon Judi Rilegeki's trial."

Bella suddenly laughs hysterically, holding her stomach as she cackles loudly.

"You allowed me to come to this trial?" Her laughter begins to die down. "Oh, please. I'm here because I would've killed your precious Paladin if you refused my attendance. In fact, I could have ended his life a while ago at our first encounter... but alas, I spared his feeble life. The humans that inhabit this world of Assiah are the weakest lifeform to ever be created... so I feel inclined to give them a false hope... or in other words, Arthur Angel."

Angel balls his hands into fists, glaring at her as she mocks him.

"But I am not here to come to any agreements or compromises with anyone." She suddenly adds, her tone changing significantly. "I am here to propose my plan for Judi Rilegeki, and afterwards, I will peacefully take her with me."

"Take her with you?" Mephisto asks, his body tensing up as he faces her.

Bella smiles at him.

"Yes, my brother in law." She laughs in his face. "I understand that is very hard for you to hear... but alas, I do not care of your well-being in this moment."

Mephisto clenches his teeth.

"And it's not like you'll be able to stop me. I know of the charm set on this building that prevents any of us from using our powers, so..." She runs her finger down the edge of his face. "It appears you are utterly helpless."

Mephisto moves away from her, swatting her hand off of his face.

She widens her eyes at him, smiling as she folds her arms across her chest.

"Even a powerful Demon King like yourself can't defer the charm, even though you are the King of Space and Time..." Bella adds. "There is only one demon who can resist the bondage of the charm... Satan himself, of course! Which brings me to my next topic!"