Chapter 30

"So I heard Jen was coming back," Yukio says to Shura.

I stop myself. I nearly forgot.

I turn and face the both of them. "How rude of me. I failed to mention that to you, didn't I?"

Shura folds her arms across her chest. 'Everyone of us already knows who she is."

Hm. So I guess Jennifer was right when she talked about knowing them.

"It's strange. Whenever she left, she made it seem like she was never going to come back." Yukio says. "But I suppose that under the circumstances... she'd want to come back."

I look at the both of them.

Shura and Yukio wait for me to speak as they look back at me.

Yukio clears his throat. "Um... Mr. Pheles?"

"I apologize, I just... slipped away for a moment." I shake my head and exhale deeply.

"What's going on?" Shura asks.

I close my eyes and look down at the floor. "I'm surprised that even you two were unable to piece it together at this point. Especially you, Mr. Okumura."

"What are you talking about?"

I laugh under my breath and stare at him. "Why, Jennifer is Judi's foster mother."

Both of their mouths drop open, their eyes widening at the same time.

"Wait a minute... so when Judi was telling us about this Jennifer lady a while back... she has talking about Jennifer Takashi?" Shura suddenly begins to laugh. "Jennifer Takashi... the most commited Exorcist I've ever met. Well fuck, Judi got me good."

"So, she..." Yukio begins to stammer. "She only came back to protect Judi I presume?"

I nod my head and smily slyly. "Indeed. Now you're finally getting it."

Yukio sighs. "Well, now that I think of it... Jennifer is just like my father."

Shura looks at him. "How?"

Yukio smiles. "Think about it. She did the exact same thing my father did for Rin and I... no matter what we were. Demon or human-"

The door behind all of us suddenly opens, the creaking sound of the door echoing throughout the entire hallway. We all turn at the same time and see none other than Jennifer standing in the doorway. 

She looks a lot different then she did when I first saw her.

Her soft, fragile image has now switched completely.

She has her hair down, falling onto her long coat similar to Yukio's, along with a sword holster hanging on her back.

She's a Knight.

She walks up to us, her footsteps clinking against the marble floor.

From a closer distance, you can see that she even has make up on.

But you can also see her scar running from her chest, all the way up her neck and behind her ear. I hadn't paid a lot of attention to it when I first saw her...

But now it seems to especially visible.

"It's been a long time, wouldn't you say?" She smiles, looking at Shura and Yukio.

Yukio smiles and shakes her hand, soon pulling her into a hug.

"Oh, Yukio... you've gotten so big." She pulls away and studies his face. "You were only 11 the last time I saw you..."