Chapter 42- Retribution

Bella slowly puffs at her blunt, large circles of thick smoke leaving her lips as she stares off into the distance.

Despite learning of her good deed, I'm still just as wary and cautious of her as I was before.

I twiddle with my thumbs as I look down, the air suddenly feeling thick again.

"Mm... besides fooling around with those humans on Assiah..." She turns and smiles at me. "The drugs you guys make are my second favorite thing."

I stare back at her with a blank expression, not sure whether to feel disappointed or disgusted.

I've never done drugs, and I don't intend to, but I occasionally smoked cigarettes on off days before the Academy.

And considering Bella's a demon, the drugs won't have any negative health effects on her as they would a human... only those good vibes that seem to come off of it.

"C'mon, try it." She holds out the roll in front of her, waiting for me to take it. "I'm sure you could use some of this, right?"

"I don't know why you're suddenly getting so casual with me." I say blatantly.

She frowns, placing the blunt back in between her teeth. "God, Judi. You really are stubborn."

She blows the smoke in my face, looking away from me as she sighs. "You know, we probably could get a long well... but you're just too hooked on the past to move forward."

"You're kidding me, right?" I scoff. "It's because of you that I'm here. You had every ounce of control to not bring me here, but you did anyways. That's the worse thing you could've done to me, yet you get upset when I don't want to be... friends with you. Tch."

"I had no control, Judi. When Satan tells me to do something, I do it. No questions or statements... I do it. And regardless if I had anything to do with it... you probably would've ended up back here anyways." She retorts. "Because whatever His Highness plans to do with you... it must be pretty important."

I clench my teeth, my stomach twisting into knots.

"Stop saying that as if you don't know." I hiss. "The least you could do is at least tell me my purpose of being here."

"The least I could do, Judi?" Bella laughs. "The least I could do is let you keep that necklace, in which I did."

I groan and turn away, realizing that this girl is just as stubborn as I am.

I try my best not to lose my mind standing here next to her, but at the same time it feels unhealthy to bottle up all of the insanity and anger boiling up inside me.

"That's right, just let it out, Judi-San..." Bella smiles, her blunt disinegrating under the small red cloud that rises from her finger tips. "I want to see that power of yours."

I back away from the railing and slowly try to make my way towards the door, but Bella grabs my wrist before I can make it any farther.

I can feel my flames trying to explode out of my body as I stumble back to her, since she yanked me hard.

The last thing I want is for her to see my flames now.

While my flames are apart of who I am, they are the very thing that seems to set me on the same level as her.

I drop to my knees and begin to breathe heavily, sweat dripping down the side of my face as I pound the floor beneath me with my tight fists.

Usually, I feel allied with my flames.