Chapter 46- Retribution

~Judi Rilegeki's Point of View~

I can feel my heart beginning to pound from the moment that we leave the room.

For the entire time that I've been trapped in Gehenna, I've never stepped foot out of the palace.

Onto Gehenna's rock hard soil...

I clench my hands into tight fists, millions of thoughts racing through my head.

What is Bella's purpose of taking me to this client?

... For me?

To hurt me? To make me feel sorrow?

Would Mephisto want me to meet him?

I feel my throat tightening just at the thought of that. What if somehow... he's looking down on me right now and begging me to stay away from whoever this is?

No...

I can't take into consideration anyone else's opinions... not now. Not even Mephisto's.

But, Mephisto... If you can see me... and if you're scared...

Please don't be.

"This stays between you and I for the time being, Ms. Rilegeki." Bella says softly. She turns and looks at me as she guides me down the hallway. "We wouldn't want this situation to get anymore messy than it already is, right?"

I gulp.

"What, you think I'd choose to speak to any of the jackasses here on my own free will?" I scoff.

"Quite bold of you to speak of His Highness in such a way." Bella laughs. "No demon that dwells here in Gehenna would dare to say such a thing about Satan himself."

"I don't consider myself to be a dweller of Gehenna." I exclaim. "Tch."

"Oh, trust me..." She looks at me. "I'm aware."

Her tone is annoyed, which brings a smile to my face.

Wow.

Is this the first time I've smiled since I've been here?

We walk down several corridors, the black walls and floors daunting on me with every corner we turn.

Although Gehenna on its own is painful enough to be apart of, leaving this palace if only once seems to be one of the most alleviating things.

To be no longer confined in a place with Lucifer, Bella, and Satan all at the same time...

To be out...

To be out.

I widen my eyes and begin to slow down at the thought.

I can... I can get away.

From them.

I can-

"What the hell are you doing?" Bella sighs, her voice sharp.

I shake my head and regain my senses, looking over at her in front of me.

I'm about to give her a sarcastic response until I realize she isn't talking to me.

In front of me stands Bella and Lucifer, Lucifer now in a completely black outfit.

His black trench coat is similar to Amaimon's old coat, withering away at the ends into nothingness. His pants and shoes match the same color of midnight, contrasting against his light hair and pale skin.