Chapter 33

Osaka City- Part 3

"Judi-San,"

I can faintly hear my name, but I don't open my eyes.

"My love..." I feel a hand on my arm. "Time to wake up."

Mephisto's voice is so soothing, it's making it hard for me to even open my eyes.

He moves a strand of hair out of my face, kissing my forehead. "I know you can hear me-"

I laugh under my breath and slowly open my eyes to see Mephisto smiling at me.

"There they are..." He strokes my cheek with his hand. "Those beautiful eyes."

I smile at him, my voice still raspy from just waking up. "Why did you wake me up? It just feels too early..."

"Well..." He sits up. "Today is the day of a very important occassion."

"Shit!" I sit up right after him, sighing at my stupidity. "The Ball's today, I almost forgot..."

I look at Mephisto, who's laughing at me. He holds my hand and smirks at me.

"What?" I ask. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, my dear..." He pulls me closer to him and kisses my cheek, staring intently into my eyes after he pulls away. "Happy birthday."

And this is the moment where I feel really dumb.

"Right!" I smile at him and brush my lips gently with his. "Thank you, my love."

He kisses me back gently. "And of course... I have something for you."

I look at him. I wasn't expecting anything from anyone... even Mephisto.

But I suppose it only makes sense.

He jumps out of bed and runs into the closet. I hear him shuffling around for a few moments, but he later comes out with a small, pink box.

I smile at him. I'm about to walk out of bed to go to him until I realize I have no clothes on.

I jolt and quickly wrap the comforter around me, covering my entire body as it drags on the floor behind me.

I tuck it in behind my back and approach him.

Mephisto places the box in my hands, waiting for me to open it.

I look up at him once more before looking down at the box.

It's a cute, little polka-dotted box with a white ribbon holding it all together. I take the ribbon off and pop open the top, revealing a...

A necklace.

It's a gold necklace... with a small, heartshaped pendant.

I pull it out of the box, setting the box and ribbon down on the bed. I hold the necklace in front of me, soon realizing that all of it is made out of real gold.

Wow.

My lips curve into a smile as my eyes meet his.

"This is beautiful..." I say, studying the pendant even more thoroughly. "I... I love it!"

Mephisto smiles. "I'm glad you like it. Here, allow me."

He takes the necklace and unlocks it, placing it around my neck. Once he locks it, he pulls my hair out from behind the chain, letting it fall down to my waist.

I smile and hold the heart in between my fingers. "You didn't have to do this for me."

"I wanted to do this for you," He kisses me gently. "And if you look a bit closer, you can see just a little something I decided to add."