Chapter 68

Mephisto's hands are warm.

Some people may think that like other supernatural creatures such as vampires and ghosts, demons are cold... inside and out.

Maybe back then, I would have believed this conjecture.

But when I feel the love and warmth in his skin, I know the truth.

Mephisto was quick to take me off of the campus, away from True Cross for a while. This has been our first "date" night for what seem's to be forever.

So in that sense, I'm a bit nervous.

I dressed myself in a long, thin black dress with long sleeves and a slit running up to the top of my thigh on my right leg. It's lowcut to say the least, showing a fair amount of cleavage. And right above that is my gold heart necklace.

I have my pin and badge tucked underneath just in case.

I have my hair styled half up, accompanied by very minimal makeup on my face.

And Mephisto looks equally appetizing.

He has on a sharp, black suit and tie, his Exorcist pin pinned on like a brooch right over his heart.

Mephisto's driver drops us off in front of a elegant and elaborate building, a dark carpet replacing the normal cement of the road beneath us.

Mephisto gets out first, walking around the car to open my door. He takes my hand and helps me out, and when I see what's now clear in front of me, I pause.

Aronia de Takazawa.

I've heard of this place.

This is one of the most high-end restaurants in all of Tokyo.

I look at Mephisto.

He smiles at me. "Come, my love."

I smile with him and hold onto his arm as he walks me in. A doorman opens the large glass doors trimmed with mahogany wood for us, the decadent scent of various foods filling my nose as soon as the air from the inside hits us.

A bright, crystallized chandelier hangs over our heads, illuminating the entire room.

But to my surprise, there are few tables.

A waiter appears, dressed refinely with his hair full of gel.

"Welcome to Takazawa. May I have a name?"

"Mephisto Pheles."

As soon as his name fills the air, he suddenly shoots us a shocked look.

"You're... you're Mephisto Pheles?" He says with a smile.

He nods his head and grins.

"Oh... goodness! What an honor it is to finally meet you, Sir." The waiter shakes his hand. "The chef has told me many things about you. I'm glad you've finally decided to join us here."

He then glances at me.

"And you must be Judi Rilegeki."

I widen my eyes. He knows who I am?

"Yes," I say with a smile. "It's nice to meet you."

"I've heard so much about you as well, ma'am. And you're even more beautiful than they describe you to be." He kisses my hand.

"Oh... goodness. Thank you." I reply. "Where... where have you heard of me?"

"Takazawa speaks of you all the time. He seems truly mesmerized by you." The waiter says. "I mean, look at you! Who wouldn't be?"