Chapter 35

Osaka City- Part 5

There are occasional moments that occur during our lives that seem to be too perfect to truly exist. We think this because our entire lives, we are taught that nothing is perfect and perfection itself does not actually exist.

At least on this world, it is.

But perfection itself can exist, just not as a form in itself.

However, perfection leaves behind its aura on certain people, places, and things that we have come to lust after.

Lust.

Through perfection, many hateful and negative connotations arise. Jealously, hatred, envy, revenge... This is because this image of perfection we have come to know can be labeled as the best, the overall superiority in comparison to everything in the world.

And when people can't be the best, and when people can't be superior to another...

They unleash sides of them they never thought existed within themselves.

And while this is true, and while this is evident everyday in this world... another positive essence seems to find its way into our souls, and to others as well.

While people become hateful because they do not have perfection, or they do not have something that is perfect to them... having something to them that is perfect or being perfect itself can enlighten their lives in ways they never thought imaginable.

I have never been perfect, nor will I ever be. As a child, things were not perfect, and they never would have become perfect.

As a teenager, I felt that physical perfection would never fall upon me.

And as an estranged adult, I felt that having a perfect... anything would've been impossible.

And who knows, it still may be.

But everyone has a different idea of perfection. Everyone.

Perfection to one person can be completely flawed and outcasted to another.

And I still don't know if I have found my perfection in life, and I don't know if I ever will.

But lately, it seems I've been the closer to perfection. Even though perfection may still be a mythical thing that doesn't truly exist...

I couldn't ask for anything more.

~

Mephisto hums along to the music as he holds me closely to him, bringing a smile to my face.

I giggle and look up at him, kissing his cheek gently. "You should sing for me."

"Sing?" He laughs and spins me around just once, pulling me back into a warm embrace. "I can do many things, Judi, but singing is definitely not apart of that."

"I beg to differ," I whisper into his ear, pulling him to me.

"You'd probably leave me if you heard me sing, my love." Mephisto laughs.

"No I wouldn't," I say with a smile. "I could never leave you over anything."

Mephisto looks into my eyes, placing his hand on my cheek while he keeps the other on my back. "Mm... that make's me feel a bit better."

"Except if you cheat on me." I reply, closing my eyes and melting into him. "But I'm sure I don't have to worry about that, right?"

"That's silly. Obviously the only woman I will ever come to love is you." He says, kissing his way up my neck.