Chapter 48- Retribution

~Judi Rilegeki's Point of View~

The air of Gehenna is just as thick and sour as it was in the Palace.

The three of us walk silently on the dusty orange sediment, our feet being clawed at by premature demons.

I begin to feel overwhelmed with the never ending rock, dark purple sky, and all of the demons we pass by.

Bella smirks.

"You should get used to do it." She smiles. "Demons pay high respect to those superior to them."

Me?

Superior? In what way?

I understand Bella and Lucifer, since they are Kings and Queens... but me?

I look behind me and see the Palace far off in the distance, the black rock building piercing into the sky.

I wonder if Satan is able to tell where we are...

Most likely not, because otherwise Bella wouldn't be taking me out here.

I see from the corner of my eye Lucifer, walking broadly with his hands held behind his back.

His elegance and posture remind me of Mephisto.

Except Lucifer is a far bigger asshole than Mephisto is...

And I could never come close to loving a man like Lucifer. Vile, cold, evil...

How could someone like him be one of the most powerful demons, with the exception of Satan...?

We pass by other demons that take a human form like us three, except they possess much stranger features.

A large colony of demons to our left have thick horns curling out of their temples, and horse hooves for their feet. They're speaking a language I don't understand.

To my right, I see a variety of different demons, ranging from nearly infant size to giants.

Large formations of the dusty rock make up their homes, to which moans and screams can be heard through the cracks.

While there are a lot of physical demons, there are souls in the air for every inch you walk.

They whisper in your ear, making your skin cold and your hands sweaty.

This place is far more intimidating than I imagined.

I thought Satan's Palace was bad...

But there is no way I could survive out here.

Suddenly breaking my thoughts, an obscure looking demon approaches us, crawling on all four's as he studies me carefully.

He has fur and his eyes are completely black, his teeth so sharp that they cause his bottom lip to slice from the point. Blood drips out of his mouth and ears, dripping onto the rock beneath him as he shrieks from excitement.

"The Princess has arrived!" He screams, his voice so high-pitched it stirs a ringing in my head. "She has arrived! She has arrived!"

Suddenly a small crowd forms around us, forcing us to stop where we are.

They all touch my legs and run their claws, hooves, and hands all over me.

Princess?

"That's enough, you pissants." Lucifer scoffs, swatting them off of me. "How dare you treat such royalty in a premiscious way!"

They all jolt from his loud voice, bowing to him as they shiver with fear.

"Please forgive us, King Lucifer! Spare us our souls!" They all say in unison. Some of them speak different languages, and some of them just scream. "We've been waiting for the young Princess!"