Chapter 82

Judi Rilegeki's Point of View - 2 Days Later

When I wake up, my arms are wrapped tightly around my pillow.

And even better, there's another one in between my legs.

This is so pathetic.

I'm becoming codependent on my pillows since Mephisto's gone.

I guess wrapping myself around his arm and having his leg always in between mine just become sort of a routine for me, and I'm not ever going to give it up. 

It's been 2 days since I've heard from Mephisto, or Shura, or Yukio, or Rin, or even Lewin and Angel.

Lewin sometimes calls me to tell me something stupid like, "Hey, sweet cheeks. Mephisto's at a meeting, wanna have our own?" 

But not even him.

I guess it's only appropriate that none of them are calling me. 

They're trying to catch the man that ended my mom's life here on Assiah. 

The least I can do is respect their space for a while.

But, god damn... I miss Mephisto a lot.

I groan and move over to look at the time. 

7:23.

What the hell?

I never wake up that early.

There's no use in trying to go back to sleep, because I know that my sporadic thoughts aren't going to let me close my eyes. 

I get up and stretch, yawning and breathing out heavily.

I pause and slowly look down, seeing that I'm also wearing Mephisto's shirt. 

I sigh. Seriously?

I wear his clothes all the time, but this is...

This is getting out of hand.

I quickly pull it off and throw it onto the bed, walking over to the wardrobe to find my own clothes.

And when I open it, Mephisto yukata falls onto my face. 

It wasn't hung up, it was literally thrown in right onto the clothes that were hung. 

He was too lazy to even put it on the shelf.

I can't help but laugh under my breath, holding the silky fabric in my hands. 

I take off my shorts and put the yakuta on, looking down to see it dragging onto the floor.

This is perfect for Mephisto, so of course, it's super long and really baggy.

But it smells just like him, so I don't plan on taking it off.

There's a possibility that they will all come home tonight.

Or tomorrow.

Or next month.

I sit myself down on the edge of the bed, exhaling sharply.

I haven't been alone once within the past few months, so being able to sit here with my estrange thoughts in complete solitude almost seems unsafe for my own good. 

It's usually Mephisto right by my side, Shura, or even Lewin and Angel.

Ever since I became an Exorcist, I've been seeing them two more than I anticipated. 

I stare at the wall in front of me, realizing that, yes, it is probably in everyone's best interest that I don't stay here in this room alone.

I grab my phone from the nightstand, looking through all of my contacts.