Chapter 89

As soon as I slam open the door to Headquarters, the same startled expressions immediately stare back at me.

Maybe one day they'll greet me with a smile instead, but I'm not going to push it.

I run to the Great Cell, and surrounded by Timothee are several Exorcists acting as his body guards.

But with them is also Bella and Caed.

I squint my to see if my eyes are deceiving me.

I quickly rush over. 

"What's going on?" I ask Bella. "Why are you here? Timothee didn't want anyone to-"

"Save your breath, Judi." She cuts me off. "I'm not missing this for the world."

"Yeah, and I had no choice but to come." Caed laughs nervously. "You know, since Bella's my life support and all." 

"And honestly, I was hoping that you'd chicken out so that I can kill him myself." Bella adds.

"That's not going to happen." I shake my head. "I came here to end his life, and I'm going to fulfill it."

Timothee then suddenly catches my eye and rushes to me, the Exorcists surrounding him now dispersing around all of us. 

"Judi, thank god." He sighs. "It's great to see you."

"It's nice to see you, too, Timothee." I say anxiously. "I'm sorry I've been gone, I just-"

"No, no..." Timothee says. "I don't want you in there with Azazel if you're not entirely well."

I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Timothee..." I clear my throat. "Is is it really that bad?"

He hesitates for a moment but proceeds with a nervous smile. 

"Listen, Judi..." He clears his throat. "I don't want to make you uneasy, or anything... but I don't want you to go in there and think of this as an entertaining execution... that is if you decide to do it by yourself."

"I'm doing it by myself, I have no idea how many times I have to reiterate that." I exclaim. "I don't want you to send any Exorcists in there, I don't want Bella in there, and I sure as hell don't want-"

"Get out of my way! All of you!"

I immediately lower my head down.

You've got to be kidding me.

It's been 10 minutes.

10 minutes.

I slowly turn and see Mephisto storming in, pushing past every single person in front of him, some of them even falling to the floor.

"Oh, shit." Bella laughs under her breath, resting her head on Caed's shoulder. "This'll be an interesting lover's quarrel."

"Mr... Mr. Pheles," Timothee smiles. "I had no idea you'd be joining us today-"

Mephisto instantly ignores him, grabbing me by my wrist and pulling me in front of him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He yells. 

Although he asks me the question, he doesn't leave me any time to respond.

"Did you think running away would solve any issues for you?!"

"I don't know why you're acting like this, you know I have to do this!" I snatch my wrist away. "You've known about it for weeks, yet you're acting like you're just now finding out!"