Chapter 32

Osaka City Part 2

I knew the Ritz Carlton was a high-end place, but I had no idea just how lavish it was.

The moment we walk in, I feel like a crack whore with only a bra and jacket on.

I make sure that my hair is covering my chest, folding my arms on top of it just to ensure the security of it. Kaji comes in after us, all of our bags on one huge luggage cart.

Mephisto goes and checks us in while we all wait together.

Several people in elegant, business casual attire shoot us dirty looks.

"Gosh... this city really is one of the richest in the world..." Rin says as he tries to shield his eyes from passer-byers.

All of us nod our head in agreement, looking over at Mephisto.

The receptionist seems to be charmed by Mephisto, her eyes wide open in amazement as he speaks to her.

And she's young. And not too bad looking either.

"Wow, Judi-San!" Koneko suddenly says as he approaches me.

"What is it?"

"Y-your eyes!" He exclaims, his eyes brightening and his smile widening as he says that. "They're so... bright!"

"Yes, they are..." Yukio says. "Has something happened?"

I shake my head. "N-no, nothing's happened... I just-"

My hearing suddenly adverts over to Mephisto's conversation with the receptionist.

"So, you rented the Penthouse Suite... Mr. Pheles?" She smiles, slightly cocking her head to the side. "You must be very affluent, if I say so myself."

She giggles obnoxiously and leans over the counter.

"Um... Yes, madam." Mephisto smiles. "Is the room prepared?"

"Oh, yes it is!" She chimes, biting her lip. "So... what brings you over to Osaka, hun?"

"I'll be attending the Ball tomorrow evening." He replies, his voice mellow and welcoming.

"The Annual Ball, huh?" She smiles and leans even closer. "Do you happen to have a date to this ball... Mr. Pheles?"

I stomp over to the counter, not caring that the AC is blowing my hair away from my chest. Several people's eyes suddenly land on me as I near the front desk, my bra now fully exposed.

I slip my arm through Mephisto's, smiling at the receptionist.

Her smile diminishes and she leans back over onto her side of the desk.

"Hi, is there something that's holding up here?" I ask, trying to keep my voice as friendly as possible.

The lady raises her eyesbrows and frowns. "No. Not at all."

"Okay, then. Please give us the room key now."

Mephisto smirks at me.

Judi-San... that sounded a bit hostile. His tone is sarcastic. I can tell he's happy I ended their conversation where I did.

I smile at him. Sorry, it was out of my control.

The receptionist sighs and hands the room key to me.

"Enjoy your stay at the Ritz Carlton." She says, her tone agitated. "And by the way..."

She leans over the counter and glares at me. "I'd advise you to wear something a little less... trashy, ma'am."