Chapter 14

"And so they most definitely did. Judi Rilegeki and Mephisto Pheles gradually fell more and more in love with each other. More than they thought they would. Judi Rilegeki. A smart, caring, and undeniably beautiful girl. A beautiful girl, no doubt... with a dark past that will catch up to her more sooner than she thinks. Hostile people and enemies that will make sure it gets to her on time. Mephisto Pheles. A clever, charming, and enigmatic man who has what seems to be an undying desire for Ms. Rilegeki. But what else could he be hiding? Or is he hiding anything at all? Is his love for this girl genuine? But then... what happens when Judi's past does catch up to her? In what ways will their paths clash? Will they overcome the inevitable obstacles that are up for them? Hm... an unlikely pair of demons. And even more so unlikely that a demon could learn to love the way they have come to love each other. I await the outcome of their fate. Because it seems their fate is awaiting them."

"Hmp. Mephisto told me not to watch over those students anymore. Yet... he didn't tell me to not watch over his beautiful, young lover."

~

"You really need to take it easy. It seems you never find the time to sit down." Shura says, opening a can of beer as she sprawls out on the couch. "Especially since you'll be drunk off your ass tonight."

"It's not easy for me to get drunk, Shura-" I laugh, fixing my hair in the mirror. "And it looks like you're getting a head start."

"Don't worry about me, Judi-San. I drink responsibly, if I say so myself."

"Knowing you, you don't do anything responsibly." I retort, walking out so see her sipping heapfuls of beer at a time.

"You know, Mephisto actually made a smart move. I can't wait to see those kids try and handle sake. Hah!"

I laugh with her, imagining Shiemi trying to take down a shot.

"Well, I'm going to get something to eat." I say, putting my jacket back on. "Do you want anything?"

"No. But if they have any more of this-" She holds up her beer. "Get me a 6-pack."

I nod my head and bid her goodbye, walking out the door. As soon as I start walking, I hear a heavy breathing echoing in the hallways.

Hearing undetectable voices now makes me paranoid, but I try to not let the feeling overcome me.

I come to a stop and slowly turn around, only to see nothing. I sigh of relief and make my way down the staircase, nearly having a heart attack when I see Rin sitting at the doorway to the second hall.

"Jesus!" I jump back and lean onto the wall, nearly losing my breath.

Rin screams and curls into a ball, hitting his head on the wall.

"Rin!" I exhale deeply.

"You think that I scared you?" He yells, getting onto his feet. "You came trudging down these stairs like a-"

"Like a what?" I cross my arms across my chest and slowly approach him.

His cheeks turn red and he clears his throat.

I sigh and lean against the wall next to him. "Was that you making all that noise?"

He looks up at me. "You heard it from up there?"

I laugh and nod my head. "What's wrong?"

Rin groans and throws his head into his hands. "Yukio used up all of our money for stupid textbooks."