Chapter 66

Panicked screams echo down from the jury, followed by all of them scrambling out of the building all at once.

The Exorcists stand in awe as the heads tumble down to the floor, a thick trail of blood following each one.

Timothee collapses on his seat, an unearthly wail sounding out of his mouth.

I widen my eyes as one of the heads roll near my feet, the eyes wide and covered in blood.

Oh, God...

Why... why is this so hard to see?

You wanted them dead. You wanted them dead.

Bella laughs much to Azazel's dismay.

"Damn you, Bella... you didn't even let me take a shot at 'em." He complains.

She snickers. "Well, I just got the heads... there's still three lifeless bodies up on those thrones that you can help yourself to."

Azazel scoffs. "Tch. Whatever. This was no fun."

A group of Exorcists suddenly swar towards Bella and Azazel, their weapons in hand.

Bella readies her miasma, striking three of the Exorcists at once, while Azazel throws a handful of them to the rock hard wall.

I clench my teeth.

This... this isn't right anymore.

I release myself from Mephisto and run towards them, pushing through the Exorcists.

"Stop! You have no reason to hurt any of them!" I exclaim.

Azazel smirks. "Oh, but we do. They're attacking us, are they not?"

"Oh, but the girl has a point, my husband!" Bella laughs as she strikes 3 more Exorcists. "Certainly these poor souls stand no chance against us!"

I groan and burst into flames, halting both of their powers almost instantly.

"I said stop. Just let go. Leave." I feel my fangs sharpening. "Please, I don't want to fight right now."

Bella's smile straightens out to nothing, although Azazel just stares at me like I'm an idiot.

"This girl's got quite a pair on her, Bella." Azazel laughs. "I almost feel inclined to listen to her."

He throws more Exorcists at the wall, leading to more bones cracking.

Bella shoves him and curses at him. "Let's go. We did what we need to do."

Azazel scoffs. "You're kidding me, right? It hasn't even been 10 minute yet."

"I said... let's go." Bella snaps.

He groans and lowers his arm.

I slowly let go of them, cautiously looking upon them.

"I hope we were of your assistance today, Judi." Bella says calmly. "I sure did save you, didn't I?"

I gulp.

"Why... why did you? How did... how did you even know-?!"

Bella smiles. "I just knew, Judi. And besides, your desire for peace with the humans, and your career as an Exorcist would've certainly been compromised if you would've killed the Grigori, right?"

I pause.

"Hm. That's what I thought." She adds. "You can thank me later. Maybe... to coffee or something. I think alcohol would be a bit too boastful right now, right?"