Chapter 93

For a good thirty seconds, I stare in disbelief.

Thinking... this can't possibly be real.

Lucifer. Amaimon.

They can't be here.

In fact, that's what all of us do.

The both of them pause from tormenting Shiemi to face us, Lucifer staring me down with a mischievous smile.

"You look dismayed, Judi Rilegeki." He begins to walk closer to me, and I immediately begin to take a step back.

Upon closer inspection, there is still the knife wound in his heart and blood on his jacket.

Mephisto quickly stands in front of me.

"Take another step and you're dead. Both of you." He snarls and gestures towards both him and Amaimon. "I'd ask you to explain yourselves, but I'm unsure if I should just get rid of you now to spare me the trouble."

"Don't be so quick to resort to violence, Brother." Amaimon jokes. He nudges Lucifer. "Say, he's a bit wound up, huh?"

"I believe that is a topic for another day." Lucifer casually replies to Mephisto.

I scoff. 

The sight of him being so content disgusts me.

"You won't have many days ahead of you if you aren't willing to cooperate." I exclaim. "So I'd watch that tongue of yours."

"Well, Judi, let me tell you something." He smiles at me. "When I was stabbed in my heart, I thought to myself... 'oh, damn, I will not live to see another day'. Same concept with my dearest brother Amaimon. That day Mephisto murdered him in cold blood, he thought to himself, 'I will not live to see another day'..."

He bites his lip. "But here we are."

"Shura." Mephisto suddenly calls. "Call Angel and the Senior First Class brigade. Now."

"Yukio, Rin." He follows up. "Help Shiemi."

I watch as they all obey his orders, and also as Lucifer and Amaimon let it happen.

What the hell could possibly be going through their minds?

Rin quickly runs to Shiemi, picking her up off of the floor and handing her to Yukio. 

And then he proceeds to punching Amaimon straight in the face.

"You bastard!" He punches him again. "What the hell did you do to her?!"

Amaimon throws Rin off of him.

"Just like old times, Okumura." He laughs maniacally. "Thank you... for refreshing my mind."

They attack each other like kids, only Rin is really trying to hurt him.

Lucifer glances back over to Bella, Mephisto, and I.

"Well... I suppose that just leaves the four of us-"

"How are you two back here?!" Bella steps right in front of him with no hesitation. "And don't bullshit me like you always do. I'm not falling for it this time."

"Bullshit you?" He laughs. "My, my... I don't believe that the Demon Queen who betrayed her own master and abandoned her own husband is in the position to tell me that."

"Don't flatter yourself." Bella stands her ground. "If you want, I can finish you the same way I did before. There is no regret in me, Lucifer. None at all."

"I'm sure there isn't. Although you are naive and vulnerable, I don't doubt that you're still ruthless and cold blooded. In fact, maybe even more so since you decided to try and kill me." He suddenly pauses and laughs. "Keyword... try-"