Chapter 39- Retribution

As soon as the large doors close behind us, I release my arm from her grip. I stumble just a bit, leaning against the wall so that I don't fall down.

I wipe the tears off of my cheeks, trying to regain my senses and appear less weak.

She sighs and folds her arms across her chest.

"C'mon, I don't want to be your escort all day now." She slowly walks towards me, sluggishly. "Just hurry up so we can get this over with, alright?"

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I exclaim. "I-I'm not staying in this palace either!"

She laughs under her breath, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Judi... why are you speaking to me as if you have a choice?"

I clench my teeth.

"Your defiance against me does nothing for you, nor will it relieve you of the situation." She whispers, leaning in towards my ear. "And Satan has asked me to make sure you don't try to runaway like a scared little girl... so I will comply to any need he has."

Her red aura begins to immerse out of her body, making the air around us harder to breathe.

My throat tightens up as it surrounds me.

"Let's do this the easy way... okay?" She smiles and pulls my wrists again, the aura disappearing as soon as she brightens up.

I don't know what to say, so I decide to say nothing.

If I'm going to get myself out of this, I can't act irrationally.

And I definitely can't act too quickly.

~

"You're lucky that he's letting you stay in the suites." Bella says, opening a door that opens up to a grand hallway.

The features are similar to the suite I was in at the Ritz-Carlton, except the vibe of the air here is way more intense.

Gold trimmed marble floors and walls contrast with the dark wood furniture, the bright lights illuminating everything it touches.

The deeper we walk into this palace... the more unslaved I feel.

Satan's blue eyes and white hair appear in my mind every single time I close my eyes... and when I open them, I see an even worse hell.

We continue walking, passing by many rooms and turning many corners. She hums quietly as she pulls me along with her.

I shake my head. Seeing how loyal she is to Satan, and seeing how comfortable she is here...

It makes me sick.

"Your room will be right next to mine," She smiles. "Just for reassurance that you won't try and sneak out."

She laughs under her breath.

"Tch."

"What?" She faces me. "I don't like speaking to you like you're my daughter anymore than you do, little-"

"Why the hell are you doing this?!" I yell, yanking her back so that she stops walking. "I don't want to associate with you so please... just stop talking to me."

"Goodness, me..." She says softly. She clears her throat and stands broadly. "I apologize, but as long as you're down here, I'm afraid your needs are nothing but noise to my ears."

I shake my head, grinding my teeth to keep my flames from bursting out.

I snatch my wrist away from her, walking ahead of her quickly.