Chapter 74

"No!"

Mephisto's screams fill the air, along with all of the others.

I see him running like lightning towards Azazel, Bella by his side as they immediately take him down.

He puts up a fight.

For some reason, I can't move.

It's as if my pain has paralyzed me, preventing me from even shedding a tear.

The Exorcists pull out their weapons, and they run towards Jen, in an attempt to take her body back.

And I guess this is the moment the pain finally lets me feel.

I scream so loudly the walls seem to shake, the floor seems to crack, and my throat rips open and stings for every second I scream.

My flames illuminate the air around me, and I run.

I run towards my mother,

Towards the demon,

Towards the source of my pain.

I continue to scream, hacking away at whatever's in front of me.

Azazel falls to the ground under Mephisto's force, Jennifer's body sliding off of the end of his tail and landing in the arms of the Exorcists.

"You damned bastard!" He screams in his face, his eyes now bloodshot and his skin burning with anger.

I see Angel throw his sword to him, Mephisto catching it like a tennis ball.

"You will burn eternally, painfully, for what you have-"

"Don't!" I yell, pushing Mephisto away from him. "I'll do it myself!"

Azazel smiles. "What is this? The demon cries over the human?"

I scream and grab him by the neck, the light from my flames penetrating his neck and suffocating his organs.

"Why her?!" I scream, tears running down my cheeks. "Why?!"

"Well, because, my sweetling..." He slaps me and sends me to the floor.

I bring my shaky hand up to my cheek, surprised by how easily he brought me down.

How did he escape my flames?

"You're weak. And weak demons show their weaknesses. And in your case..." He takes a step away from me. "It's your dear, departed mother."

He begins to run towards the exit, his tail whipping her blood in my face as he takes off.

I scramble to my feet, beginning to run after him with every ounce of strength that I have.

I suddenly feel myself being moved back, turning to see Mephisto grabbing my arm.

"Bella and I will go after him!" He yells. "We'll kill him!"

"No!" I'm crying even harder now. "I have to kill him myself! I have to-"

"No!" He screams over me, cupping my face in his hands. "You have to be with your mother! You can't leave her, Judi! I know you're angry, we all are! But you have to trust me, my love!"

I stand there, staring into his equally pain filled eyes.

And I nod my head.

With that, he runs off, going so quickly that he's out of the building within seconds.

I begin to run towards the Exorcists, who are all crowded around Jennifer.

I growl and push past all of them.