Chapter 23

~Judi's POV~

"Please be safe, my friend-" I say to Shura before she leaves. I embrace her and sigh.

"Of course I'll be safe," She smiles. She pulls away and looks at me. "Those guys couldn't do anything to me if they dared to try."

I nod my head. "I'll be back soon."

I smile and watch her leave out Mephisto's office.

"Now that she's gone," Mephisto smirks. He pulls me into his arms and kisses me. "What was that reward you were telling me about, again?"

I laugh and pull away from him. "Patience is key, my love."

Mephisto frowns.

"And besides, we have a guest." I add.

Mephisto and I look at Kaji, who still looks nervous.

Kaji is a cute boy, I'm not going to lie. He looks no older than 17, but he's still cute.

He has a charming baby face, shaggy white hair, and a fair complexion. He's dressed similarly to how Yukio dresses, but his coat is shorter and his pants are actually visible.

Mephisto sighs and walks up to Kaji.

"Please, sit." He motions him over to one of the striped chairs.

Kaji quickly sits himself down in the chair, his legs shaking.

I somewhat feel bad that he is so deathly afraid of Mephisto...

Mephisto sits down in the chair across from Kaji's, beckoning me over. I sit on Mephisto's lap, wrapping my arm around him, holding his hand on the other side.

Kaji looks at the both us with wide eyes.

"Since you will now be with us," Mephisto says boldly. He strokes my arm with his hand, which is clad in his purple glove. "There will have to be some ground rules."

Both Kaji and I look at Mephisto.

"First Rule," He continues. "You are not permitted to enter the master bedroom. Especially if Judi and I are in there-"

Kaji quickly nods his head, but freezes when he fully understands what he means.

"Second Rule: Anything that Judi requests from you, you will carry out for her. Whether it be to get her something or do something for her, you will do it."

Goodness. Mephisto's treating him like... our slave.

"Third Rule: Just like the second rule, but for me as well. After all, I did decide to spare your life after your little episode with me."

Yup. Just like a slave.

"If you obey these rules and show your full respect to the both of us, we will provide you with food, clothing, and anything that you could possibly need." He clears his throat and leans in closer to him. "But should you dare to disobey these rules, I grant myself full permission to carry out the deed of torturing you."

Kaji backs away from him, leaning all the way into the seat. He nods his head.

"Mephisto!"

Mephisto looks at me with a confused expression. "What is it?"

"What is it?" I laugh. "You're treating him like a slave."

"If I don't show superiority to this boy, he will betray us." Mephisto retorts. "I am only doing this to ensure our safety."

I stand up from his lap. "I understand that, Mephisto, but we could be taking softer approaches towards this..."

Mephisto stands up right after me.