Chapter 92

Two Days Later

I lean over the mirror, shakily applying makeup to my face.

I never put on makeup, so the skill is already absent there.

But the fact that the last time I took my painkillers more than four hours ago just adds to my problems. 

Lewin and Angel, to my surprise, arranged a party tonight, celebrating both Shiro's arrival and Azazel's death.

It's quite the combination, but it works. 

So here I am, struggling to put blush on my cheeks as Mephisto struggles to choose which suit to wear.

I already have my black dress on, which is smooth, skin tight, and low-cut just enough.

The sleeves are long, and it comes just a bit above my knees, and the fact that it is black makes it all the more desirable.

I suddenly drop my makeup compact on the floor, the sound of it shattering on the floor echoing louder than it should.

"Everything okay in there?" Mephisto calls from the bedroom.

"Yup..." I groan and pick up the pieces. "Don't mind me."

Ugh. I can't even hold something as small as this.

How am I supposed to hold my countless glasses of mystery alcohols tonight?

I toss the broken compact in the trash, looking at myself in the mirror once more.

The color has finally returned to my face, and my hair is finally fuller and brighter.

I tend to lose color just about everywhere when I'm unwell...

My skin, my hair, my nails, my eyes...

But I finally feel that tonight... I'm back to normal.

So... why do I feel so shaky? So uneasy?

Perhaps if I took one more painkiller, I'd feel more at ease.

I slip my black heels on, walking out into the bedroom to see Mephisto finally changing into a suit.

And a rather fresh one, at that.

"Wow." I smile. I gaze over his impeccable figure as he fixes the collar of his dress shirt.

His jacket is black, yet the detailing of the fabric and lining make it appear more lustrous and opulent.

He catches my gaze and smiles at me.

"Well, hello to you, too, sexy." He slips his shoes on. "You look flawless."

"And so do you, Mephisto Pheles." I raise an eyebrow. 

He winks at me, holding three different ties in his hand.

"Now... which tie, is the real question..."

I laugh under my breath, walking over to him.

In his hands lies a light pink tie, a purple tie, and a black tie.

"Hm." I touch his hands as I look over the selections. "The black to me seems a bit simple... the purple would make us seem too teenage couple matchy..."

I dance my fingers over the light pink one.

"But this... this is perfect." I wrap it around his neck, tying it for him carefully.

He smiles at me and kisses my cheek. 

"My love..." He touches the gold heart necklace around my neck. "I've never seen you without this."