She smiles at the sight of them when she finds them, Fred and George bickering intensely while Lee laughs at the sight of them. "Sorry boys," Athena says, cutting off their argument, "But this one promised me a date," She says, while smirking, slipping her hand into Fred's. The ginger looks at his girl and grins, "M'Lady is right on this, I'll be off now!" He exclaims dramatically, earning an eye-roll from Athena. 

"So, what's the plan?" Athena asks, but Fred doesn't answer, instead, he stays silent, leading the two to the Three Broomsticks, making Athena chuckle. "Freddie, we hang out here all the time." She points out. "Yes, but with Lee and George, never just the two of us." He says, "Plus I figured Madame Puddifoot was too cheesy." He continues. 

Fair game Fredrick, fair game.

Once they get inside, Fred pulls out a chair for Athena, and she gladly takes it. The Weasley walks away to order, but Athena notices she hadn't told him what she wanted. "Fred! I didn't tell you about my order!" She exclaims, "I want a butterbeer with-" He cuts her off, "Cinnamon and ginger, but not too much ginger just enough so you can taste it, I know you, love!" He exclaims, a blush creeping across Athena's face, her heart melting at the fact that Fred had paid attention to all the little details over time.

When he comes back with two butterbeers, Athena thanks him before taking a sip out of her drink. 

"When did you know you fancied me?" Fred asks suddenly, causing Athena to choke on her drink slightly- she definitely didn't expect him to ask her that. 

She takes a moment before answering, she didn't need to think about it, she knew the exact moment she had feelings for Fred. "Back in our third year, when I got really sick and you snuck upstairs to the girl's dormitory and took care of me," She says, smiling at the memory. 

Start of flashback

13-year-old Athena laid inside her bed, snuggling with her pillow and wrapped in her blanket, feeling hopeless.

She'd been out sick for the past two days, this flu taking her out as she'd never seen before. She usually never got sick! What was happening? She wondered. The girl laid there, half asleep, and half-awake- which seemed to be the only state she was in since getting sick. 

Athena hears the door open, but her body is too weak to move around and see who it was. Weight comes down at the end of her bed, signifying that someone else was on it. "Merlin, you look rough," The voice jokes, a smile creeping on her face when she realized who it was. 

Fred. 

She knew it was him, because unlike George- Fred's voice was higher, something that had always helped her tell the difference between the two. 

Too weak to answer, Athena stays silent, allowing the boy to peacefully stroke her hair- which was for some reason putting her at ease. "You know, Mum would always make this drink for us because it always made us feel better when we were sick. And I really hate not having you in class, it's quite boring actually- just don't tell George that." Fred admits. 

A blush forms on Athena's face at his words, although she's not sure why. "So I'm going to put this drink on your nightstand, and you're going to drink it and get better. Understood?" Fred asks. 

A minute of silence passes by before he speaks again, "Also, if by any chance if you're awake right now, and remember this when you get better, don't tell anyone I snuck in. I don't want anyone thinking I'm a pervert." He jokes. 

A tingling feeling rises in Athena's stomach, a feeling she'd never known before but she brushes off as sickness- only to learn later on that it was much more than that. 

The Weasley places a kiss on her forehead, making her bite back a smile, "Hey- I have to go now. Feel better soon Athena." 

End of Flashback.

***

Fred looks at the girl sheepishly, "You remember that?" He asks, "I reckoned you forgot I visited by the time you got better," He says, his face pink which made Athena laugh. "I remembered it all," She says, "I just felt so awkward about my feelings I pretended I didn't." 

The boy's face manages to get even redder, "How about you, when did you know?" She asks, curious to his answer. "Our second year," Fred responds confidently, not taking a minute to think. Athena's eyes practically pop out of her head, "Second year?!" She exclaims, "You knew all the way back then?" She asks. 

He chuckles, "Yep," He says, popping the p as he spoke. "It was after Quidditch, I was tired- and in a horrible mood all day. Then I saw Charlie helping you with Potions in the common room, you looked so cute frustrated and suddenly my horrible mood was gone. Later that week, I realized I had never thought that about a girl before- and put two and two together." He says casually, taking another swig of his drink. 

Ignoring the blush that was beginning to creep on her face, Athena starts to laugh, "Did you know Lee and George started a bet on us, everyone got in on it to!" She exclaims, making Fred laugh, "Honestly I'm not surprised," He says, "What was the bet?" 

"Apparently when we would get together, and it's been going on since our third year! Almost everyone was out except George, Ginny and Alicia- even McGonagall and Dumbledore were in on it to!" She says, which makes fred cackle, "That's why George was bugging me to ask you!" He says, everything suddenly making sense, "Yep, and that's why Ginny was bugging me, they both bet either the summer or start of seventh year, Alicia bet seventh year, so in a weird way they all won." 

Fred laughs at the girl, "Speaking of which," Athena says, "What took you so long?" She asks jokingly, which makes Fred freeze up slightly- leaving the girl to think she'd ruined the easy-going flow the date had. "Erm, actually... I was going to tell you a long time ago but things got in the way," He says. 

Athena raises an eyebrow, "What things?" 

"Do you remember the night at the Astronomy Tower last year?" Fred asks.

Athena's mind goes back to that day, how Fred had taken her to the tower to apologize for ignoring her, it was while he and Angelina were together. "Yeah, why?" Athena asks- growing more curious. 

Fred scratches his neck awkwardly, "Well, I was going to tell you back then. I had just broken up with Angelina because I realized I still had feelings for you, and then Filch came in and by the time we got back to the common room, I chickened out." He says, making everything click in Athena's head. 

"That's what you were going to tell me!" Athena exclaims, "I wondered for ages!" 

***

Athena couldn't have asked for a better date. After they'd finished up at the Three Broomsticks, they walked around Hogsmead, Athena bought a couple things from Honeydukes- buying a few things for Remus and Sirus, and Fred bought a few things for pranks from Zonko's. 

While the date would have been considered casual to others, Athena couldn't have asked for anymore, she loved being around him. 

The best part of the date was just watching Fred talk, she could watch him talk for hours- there was nothing more fascinating in her eyes, he was just so captivating. The way his eyes lit up as he talked about the joke shop, the love and care he has for his siblings when he talks about childhood stories- even though he pretends to be disgusted by them, Athena knew he loved them more than anything. 

As Fred led Athena to the staircase of the girl's dormitory, she didn't even bother hiding the smile on her face. "I had the best time, Freddie." She says, looking up at the boy. "Me too love, I just can't believe you're mine." He says, bringing a hand up to cup her face, which made Athena blush and chuckle, "Don't be so cheesy, Weasley." She teases.

He looks at her cheekily, "You love it." Fred teases back, making Athena roll her eyes as he presses her lips into hers, his arms snaking around her waist- bringing the two closer together.  

Athena pulls away, giving one soft kiss to his nose, "Goodnight Fred," She says. 

"Goodnight love." 

The two went to bed that night happier than they could be, as long as they had each other, that was all that mattered to them.