Where is Dean? (Dean X Reader)

I've been living in the bunker with the Winchesters for four years now, since Dean and I started dating and a few months since he proposed to me. He asked me to stay with them because I was basically living from one motel to another. At first I denied cause it felt like it was getting serious too soon. But I didn't have any reason to feel like he was pressuring me. Dean is amazing. Sure, there has been bad times but all I want to do is be next to him and make him feel better. And he is really supportive and he always makes sure that I'm really ok.

Usually, we are working cases all together - Dean, Sam and I - but there are times that we have an easy solo hunt.
But now we hadn't had a new case for the last two weeks and it's a bit weird. I'm bored. I'm really bored. Today, I just woke up and stayed in bed. Dean had woken up earlier and went to make some breakfast. He opens the door and walks to me with a tray full of food. He sits on the bed and places the tray in the middle.

"Got any new case?" I ask "No" he says as he takes a bite of bacon. I pretend to cry and he chuckles "I'm bored" I complain "I know" he says and pecks my lips. His phone rings and he takes it from his nightstand. He looks at it for a hot second but I couldn't see the caller's ID. "Everything ok?" I ask and he snaps out of it "Yes" he says and gets up. "I'll be right back" he says and leaves the room to answer his phone. What was that?

I waited for him in the room but it's been almost 15 minutes and he hasn't come back yet. I get up and I go to find him. First, I headed to the library but he wasn't there and then I went to the kitchen. He was sitting down looking at his phone like he was thinking about something. "Dean?" I ask and I walk to him "Is everything ok?" I ask and I hug him from the back placing my head on his shoulder. "Yeah, don't worry" he says and kisses my cheek.

He turns around and stands up. He wraps his arms around my waist "Don't worry. An old friend just called and said that he needed help with a vamp nest in Minnesota" he says "Great, I'll be ready in five" I say but he stops me "No, no, no. You're not coming" he says "I am" I say "No" "Why?" "Because that buddy of mine doesn't really like strangers and have trust issues. So I'll take it solo" he says "I really need to hunt" I beg him "You realize that you sound like a junkie" he says "Come on" I say "No. But I promise that the next one we are going to find, it's all yours" he says and I frown. "I hate you" I say "I know" he says and chuckles. I move to kiss his lips but he just pecks my cheek and leaves.
_______________

At night he texted me that he arrived and a goodnight. The next day I called him "Hey babe" he says "Hi, how are you?" I ask "Good. We are getting ready to go to the nest tonight and tomorrow I'm gonna probably be back" he says "Great. I already miss you" I say "I miss you too. I gotta go. Bye" he says and hangs up before I could speak again.

For the next couple of hours I was browsing on my laptop trying to find a new case. And I FINALLY came across an article about a woman that was found in the woods last night with her heart missing. I run to the library where Sam was sitting "Hey Sammy, I found a case so I'm finally going to hunt" I say and he chuckles "Great, do you need help?" he asks "No, I got it" I say "Ok, good luck" he says "Thank you" I say and I run to get my things ready.

I put my bag in the car and I realize that I had keft my phone in my room. I run back and I take it. I call Dean to let him know that I'm leaving. The first call was not answered so I called again. "Hello?" a woman's voice says "Hello? Who is this?" I ask. But there was no response "Hello? I'm Dean's fiancé. Who is this?" I ask again. But she hangs up immediately. I call again but his phone seems to be turned off.

I walk slowly to the library "Hey, everything ok?" Sam asks "I don't know" I say "Can you do me a favour?" I ask "Of course" he says "Can you trace Dean's phone?" I ask "Ok" he says and opens his laptop. In a few seconds he already found it. "Battle Creek. Michigan" he says. So Dean did lie to me. He lied. And a woman picked up his phone.

Tears were already threatening to fall from my eyes. "Do you or Dean have any friends there?" I ask "Yes actually..." Sam says and looks at me with a sad look on his face "Who?" I ask "Lisa and Ben Braeden" he says and I nod looking away from him. "Thanks. You can take over my case if you want to" I say and I turn to leave.

"(Y/N), wait" Sam says and I stop "What happened?" he asks. "I called Dean and a woman answered his phone. He told me that he left for Minnesota and it turns out that he is in Michigan visiting probably his ex and now his phone is turned off" I say. "Maybe it isn't what you think it is" he says "Then what is it Sam?" I ask "Maybe he was in a coroner's office and he had to leave his phone back so a nurse picked it up. Maybe he was in an accident and a paramedic picked it up" he says "And hung up me immediately?" I ask "Maybe he lost his phone or someone stole it" he says and I leave the library.

But I come back after a couple of minutes. "Know what? I'm gonna go on that case" I say "Ok, be careful" he says and hugs me. "Call me if you need anything" he says and I nod.

About an hour later Dean calls me but I ignore it. He calls again and I turn off my phone. I didn't want to talk to him. I am not in the mood to hear his excuses right now.
_______________

That same night, I took care of the werewolf and I was already on my way back. But as I parked ny car in the garage, I noticed the Impala there. I get out of my car and I go to my room. Unfortunately, on my way there I came across Dean. "(Y/N)--" he says but I stop him "Stop. I'm tired and I'm starving so I don't want to hear anything right now" I say and I keep walking.

I go to my room and I throw my bag. I take a new set of clothes and I head to the bathroom. I am ready to close the door but Sam stops me. "Let him talk to you. Maybe he didn't do anything" he says and I roll my eyes desperate. "No Sam. A woman answers his phone and then he turns an 11-hour drive to and 9-hour one just so he would come here as fast as possible to apologize" I say "Yes. Why is that a bad thing?" he asks "Because he came here to apologize. That means that he has something to apologize for" I say and I close the door.
_______________

After a quick shower, I headed to the kitchen ignoring Dean completely. I made myself a sandwich and went back to my room. But he followed me. "Please let me explain" he says for the millionth time. "Fine, I'm listening" I say as I sit down. "Lisa called me because she thought that she and Ben are in danger. So I went there, checked everything, killed the demon and came back. But I forgot my phone to her house and by the time I realized it and went back to take it, she had already talked to you" he says. "Is that it?" "Yes, that's it. That's the whole story. Lisa doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I love you and only you (Y/N). You have to believe me" he says.

"Let's say that you are saying the truth and that nothing more happened. Then why did you need to lie to me about where you were going?" I ask "I... I don't know" he says and I nod. I get up "I'm gonna go have a drink... or more" I say and I leave the room. He follows me and sits with me "I freaked out" he says. "What?" I ask "When she called me I freaked out and I wasn't sure what should I do. I'm so sorry for lying to you baby" he says and takes my hand. I take a sip of my drink "I want to forgive you so please don't make me regret it" I say "I won't" he says and hugs me.

"I love you" he says "I love you too and I'm just scared that I'm going to lose you over someone better than me" I say "Hey, there is no better than you baby" he says rubbing my back.