The idiot (Dean X Reader)

The Winchesters are my family. John took me in when my parents died and let me live with Bobby. For the first moment, he is been treating me like his own daughter. His death, a couple of years ago, cost me a lot. But Sam and Dean were there for me. We've always been supporting one the other. Especially after John's death. Sam was like my big brother but Dean was something more.

He is perfect. A smile of his, brightens my world. Our movie nights are the best thing that we have thought of because it's actually just cuddling until the movie ends. Usually, I have no idea what are we watching, I just want to cuddle. When his arms are wrapped around me, I feel safe. And I can't get tired of his scent. But he doesn't feel the same way for me. I'm sure of that.

I am cooking dinner for the boys that are supposed to come back from a hunt tonight. I stayed back at the bunker because I was kinda sick three days earlier that they left. Ding. The apple pie is ready.

As I take the pie out of the oven I hear the bunker's door. "Hey" I say and I hug them "I missed you" I say "We missed you too" Dean says. "Come, I made dinner" I say and they follow me to the kitchen. "Wow, you made all this?" Sam asks as he sees the table full of foods "Yeah" "You're awesome" Sam says and hugs me again "I know" I say and he chuckles. "I'm gonna head out for drinks" Dean says "Dean, (Y/N) did this for us. Come on" Sam says "Please stay. I made apple pie too" I say. "I'm gonna try it later. I promise" he says and leaves.

I was staring at the door for a while after he left thinking that he is probably not going to come back tonight. He is gonna sleep with a blonde, perfect body chick. Yeah, I'm not one of them. He will never notice me.

"He will be back, don't worry" Sam says "I know. I'll be in my room" I say and I turn but Sam stops me. "You should tell him. It might get easier" he says "Or worse" I say and I leave him alone.

He will never love me. He will never like me. He will never look at me. He will always think of me like a friend. He will never love me like I do. Never. I'm drowning in tears and I'm sobbing like crazy not caring of who will listen.

A knock on my door drags me out of my sleep. I sit up and I rub my eyes. I get up from the bed and I open the door. "Good morning" Dean says and smiles "Good morning" I say all grumpy "Come on, I have breakfast ready" "I'm not hungry" "It wasn't a question" he says and grabs my hand. He leads me to the kitchen and sits me down.

"Dean, what's all this for?" I ask "I just wanted to apologize about last night" "Where is Sam?" "Went for groceries. Now eat" "I'm not hungry" "Look, I know that I pissed you last night so I wanted to say I'm sorry. Besides I don't want my little sister to be angry at me" "I'm sorry. I can't" I say and I run to my room again. I lock myself inside and I jump on my bed.

Like I said, he thinks of me as his little sister. His little sister. SISTER. He is never gonna love me back. Not like I do. NEVER LIKE I DO.

"(Y/N)?" Dean calls for me but I ignore him "(Y/N) open the door" he continues "No. Leave" "I won't leave until I know what happened. Did I say something wrong?" he asks and more tears fall "No. It's not your fault. Just go" "I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened" he says and I get up from my bed. I open the door to face Dean "I'm fine. You didn't do anything. Now leave" I say and I shut the door again. I hear him walking away from my door and I lay on my bed again. I cried and cried until I fell asleep.

"(Y/N)" I hear a soft voice whisper. Something is rubbing my cheek softly too. I open my eyes and I see Dean sitting next to me on the bed. "Dean?" I ask tried to sound fully awake "Hey, good morning. I brought you some breakfast. You haven't gotten out of your room since yesterday morning" "How did you get in?" I ask as I sit up "I picked the lock. Now eat" he says and points at the tray next to me "I will, just don't do it again" "We'll see" he says as I take a bite of cake.

"Are you going to tell me now what happened yesterday?" he asks and rubs my knee from over the blanket. "It's not important" "I disagree. It made you lock yourself inside your room for a day, so I guess that it's important" "Ok I'm gonna tell you but you're not going to make jokes or laugh about it" "I promise". "There is a guy that I was, and still am, really interested in. But he doesn't see me the same way. I love... him Dean. I really, really love him but he doesn't even like me. I'm not his type, I guess" I say not daring to look at him. My gaze is stuck to my legs.

"Then he is an idiot" he says and I chuckle "I mean who wouldn't like you. You're beautiful, smart and the best sister I could've ever asked for" he continues. "You really know how to destroy everything, don't you?" I say and I run away from him. He calls after me but I ignore him and I lock myself inside the bathroom. I sit on the floor and I break down. Again.

It's been a while since I got inside the bathroom and there is silent from outside. I open the door and I start walking back to my room. I open the door and I see Dean still sitting on my bed. I turn to leave "Wait" he says and I stop. I turn around to face him and he stands up. "What?" "Am I the idiot?" he asks "I'm not in the mood for this now" I say and I leave the room. But he follows me.

He grasp my wrist and turns me to face him. "Say it" he says. "Yes, it's you. You are the one that I'm in love with. But you don't see me in the same way and it's ok" I say as a tear escapes my eye "I get it, really. You like blonde, tall and perfect body chicks and I'm not one of them" I say "You are better" he whispers "What?" I ask not believing what I've just heard. "You're a million times better" he says and brings his hand to my cheek. He wipes my tear with his thumb and looks at me smiling. I couldn't resist to his smile and I smile too. He leans closer and our lips finally touch.

"You have no idea how long I've been for this" he says "I was in love with you since when we were 16. I tried to replace you but I couldn't. I know that I hurted you everytime I left for a bar and got back the next morning but I thought I was protecting you. I thought if I stayed away it would be easier. I had no idea that I made it worse for you" he continues "It's ok. The waiting is finally over" I say and I kiss him.

"Finally" Sam says causing us to pull away "Just get a room" he says and walks away. "We really should get a room. Mine or yours?" he asks "Neither" I say and I lean to his ear "I don't want Sammy to hear me moan your name. I don't think that I will be able to hold them back" "Motel then" he says and picks me up. "I had no idea that you had this horny side in you but I really like it" he says and pecks my lips before places me in the Impala.