He hates me (Dean X Reader)

I knew about the supernatural world from the age of 11 that my dad introduced me to this life because I was a 'I ask questions all the time' kind of kid like he liked to call me. I went on my first hunt on the day of my 16th birthday and I started going on cases with him ever since. Until the day we met the Winchesters, 6 years ago. Because of them, I was forced to stay back in the motel while my dad and the brothers were going to kill the vampires that were in town. But they found our room first. I tried to fight them but they were too many and by the time the three men came back, a vampire was feeding on me. My dad died while he was trying to save me. Well, that's what Sam and Dean told me because I was unconscious.

They took me in 3 years ago and I am working on cases with them ever since. From the first moment, I felt like Sam was my brother. He seemed to understand what I was going through when my dad died and he was there to help me. On the majority of the cases, Sam and I were doing the research while Dean was probably in a bar or getting laid. Usually in that order.

Dean and I are fighting all the time and most of the time is for the stupidest things, like the time when I was walking on the hallway of the bunker and I was 'making too much noise' by walking. Everytime I try and do something nice for him, he finds a way to turn it to a fight again. And he would end up in a bar again. I am fighting really hard to make him like me but he doesn't seem to try and hide the fact that he hates me. But there is something on him that doesn't let me hate him. It kinda hurts every time he yells at me and then leaves to go get laid. I mean he is pretty handsome and he has a great taste in cars but that's it, nothing more.

Sam and I are currently in a motel trying to track down a vampire nest while Dean went to see the bodies. "I think I got it" I say taking my sight from my laptop to Sam "The abandoned old factory that is a few miles out of the town" I continue "I think you are right" he says and closes his laptop. "Should we go check it when Dean comes back?" I ask "Yeah. And I wanted to ask you something" "I'm listening" "How are you and Dean doing?" "He still hates me" "(Y/N), he doesn't hate you--" "You don't have to reason him. And it's fine" I say and get up from the chair. I sit on the bed and lay down after taking a deep breath "No, it's not" Sam says and sits next to me "I know that you like him and I've seen the way you look at him every time that he is hitting on random girls" "And what's that look?" "The look that shows hurting and jealously at the same time" he says and I chuckle "Yeah, right" I say and get up "I'll be in the bathroom".

"Are you coming out?" Dean yells from outside the bathroom. I get up from the floor and I open the door "Sorry, I was thinking" I say before he pushes me out of his way and locks himself in the bathroom. He comes out after a minute "I thought that my bladder was going to explode. What the hell were you doing in there?" he yells "I just needed to be alone--" "You could have gone for a walk or something" "Dean, stop" Sam says "No Sam, let him take it all out" I say but nobody talks "Well, come on Dean. Yell at me again. I've gotten used to it, because you haven't done anything else but yell at me 3 years now. So, come on. Let it out. I'm waiting" I yell but he just looks at me. "I'll be back in an hour" I say and leave the room.

He is so stupid. Why is he treating me this way? What have I done to him that made him hate me this much? And why can't I just ignore him? Maybe Sam is right. No, he can't be. I'm not in love with Dean, I'm just trying to make him like me as a friend.

"Hi, can I ask something?" a lady asks me and interrupts my thoughts "Sure" I say "Are you (Y/N) (Y/L/N)?" she asks and my eyes go wide. Before I could react, something hit the back of my head and everything went dark.

Dean's POV
"(Y/N) right, you know" Sam says breaking the silence "About?" "About the fact that you haven't done anything but yell at her all the time. Why?" "I-- I don't know" "Dean, what happened and you started acting like that right after she accepted her father's death?" he asks but I don't answer "Dean, talk to me" he states. "Because I'm in love with her" I say and he just looks at me "When she started smiling and laughing after she had dealed with what happened, I just couldn't look away from her. I tried not to fall for her, I tried to push her away, replace her but I couldn't".

"And why haven't you said anything?" Sam asks "Because I'm poison Sam. People get close to me and they get killed, or worse. And I don't want anything to happen to her" I say and I look at my watch. "But that's not the way to keep her safe Dean" I grab my phone and I call (Y/N) but there is no answer "She's been out for three hours now and she isn't picking up Sam" "I'll track her phone" he says and grabs his laptop.

Sam tracked her phone within the next minute and we left immediately for the abandoned factory. I drove as fast as I could. If they have hurted her, they are going to suffer. All of them.

Sam and I walk inside quietly. There should be five of them in here. There are stairs for the basement and the first floor. I turn to look at Sam. He gives me a bitch face and we get ready for rock, paper, scissors. One, two, three, shoot. "Crap" I curse under my breath and I start walking downstairs. I can here two of them talking. I approach slowly and I take their heads off with one swing.

I hear a groan that was coming from my left. I start walking there and I notice a locked room. I pick the lock easy and I open the door. I see (Y/N) chained to the wall with a needle in her right arm that was taking her blood out. I walk to her and I try to wake her up "(Y/N), come on wake up" I whisper as I try to get the needle our of her arm "Dean?" I hear a weak whisper "Hey, I'm here. You're going to be fine" I say and she nods.

I get her free from the chains and I try to pick her up but she refuses. "Just help me walk" she says and I nod. I wrap her arm around my neck and I help her walk upstairs. We meet Sam there. "(Y/N)? How are you?" he asks "I'm fine. Did you get them all?" she asks "I killed two" he says "Me too" "Where is the fifth?" "I don't care, let's get out of here. (Y/N) needs blood and some rest" I say and he nods.

In our way to the car, there is a moment that I felt (Y/N) falling so my hold on her gets tighter.  That's when I noticed the knife that was coming out of her chest. Someone pulls the knife out and (Y/N) collapses. I catch her before her head met the ground while Sam, that was already in the car, rushed to us. I look back and I see the last vampire holding the knife with (Y/N)'s blood on it.

Sam kills the vamp but my main focus is on (Y/N). "Hey, hey, every is going to be fine. Just hold this" I say and I place my flannel on her wound. "No, I'm not" she says. "Shut up, yes you are" "No, but it's ok" she says between sort breaths.

"I love you Dean" she says and a tear escapes my eye "I know that you don't feel the same way but I just wanted to know. I know that you hate me but it's ok" she says trying to take some short breaths in order to stay away "It's ok" she whispers and her body goes limp. Her head falls back and her eyes freeze. "No, no, no, (Y/N)" I say shaking her "No" I say again and I let my tears fall. I close her eyes with my hand and Sam's sits next to me.

"I love you too" I whisper to her and I lean to kiss her. My lips finally touch her lifeless ones but it's not how I imagined it. Instead of being happier than I've ever been, I am feeling the worst pain I've ever experienced. Because she died. She died thinking that I hate her.