On your side - Part 3 (Dean X Reader)

They cuffed my hands and the cuffs were chained to the floor in the middle of the devil's trap. I agreed on wearing the cuffs in order to make sure that even if I could open the shelf-door, I wouldn't be able to leave. I sat on the floor with my back against the shelf-door of the dungeon. I hear the door open and close but I couldn't see who it is. "Feeling any better?" I hear Dean's voice "The trembling starts to go away but I'm scared of what will happen after" I say. I hear movement but I can't see what he is doing.

"I thought that you might need company so I came and also to keep an eye on you" he says. "Thanks. I'm just sitting here, thinking" I say "Well, I just sat down with my back against the shelves-- by the way, are the cuffs ok? Should I loosen them?" he asks "No, they're fine. Me on the other hand...". "Sammy said that it would be better if I let you know that at some point you might have hallucinations, mostly dead people. He saw our mom" he says "I've never seen my mom. Not even a photo of her. I have no idea how she might look or if I look like her..." "Why?" "My dad just couldn't get over her death so he preferred not to deal with it and let it back. Until Azazel got us, I thought that my step mom was my mom" I say.

"Well, it might be better than what my dad did" Dean says "Why?" "He is the reason we are here now. After my mom died, he was dedicated to find who killed her. That's how we got in this life" "How old were you when--" "I was four. And when my dad started hunting, guess who had to take care of Sam. I had to be a father and I had to be a mother to keep him safe. And I tried, I really did. But the truth is that I couldn't do it. I messed up more than once, since we were little. Dad used to leave us money when he was leaving but it wasn't always enough. Sammy was little and couldn't understand that. He wanted candy like every little kid and I didn't have the money to buy it. So I tried to steal some snacks from him but I got caught and when my dad found out, do you know what he said to the cop? Let him rot in jail. So believe me when I tell you that you had it better" he says and I hear a silent sob. "Dean, you might made mistakes like we all do but I'm sure that you did everything you could. And Sam knows that" I say "He talked to me about his big brother that is his role model and that is on his way to save all of us back then. But I didn't get the chance to meet him back then because I left kinda early" I say and he chuckles.

"It's been a long time since then. Many things happened. Sam died that night because I wasn't fast enough. But I made a deal with a demon and tried to fix it. So I went to hell and stayed there four earth months which was forty years in hell. And that was just the beginning" "Wow. And how did you get out of there?" "Cas and heaven got me out. They said that I was important but I'm not important. I never realized the reason they did that. I mean I keep hurting and disappointed everyone around me" he says and I can hear the hurt in his voice.

"You know, from what I'm picking up I think that your problem is that nobody hates you more than you do. You keep beating yourself up for things that happened and mistakes that you made all the time" I say "Wow, that's was a really good catch" he says and chuckles slightly "It's my job. Psychology" "Really?" "Yeah. Sam is actually the reason. He convinced me to try because I was actually terrified of life in general" I say and he chuckles. "And from my experience, I realized something that it's actually fitting here but I really wish you can prove me wrong" I say "Hit me" he says "I think that the saddest people always try their hardest to help and make other people happy because they know what it is like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anyone else to feel like that" I say. "You're really good" he says and I can here that he takes a sip of his drink.

"Our deal is still on, right?" I ask "What deal?" he asks "If things get out of control... if I try to hurt someone, you put a bullet in my head" I say "(Y/N)--" "Dean!" "Ok but I make no promises" he says and I nod. "By the way, what made you change your mind and help me?" I ask "I just couldn't let you throw up all over the floor and pass out all the time" he says and I chuckle. "Can I ask you something?" he asks "Sure" "Why did you start drinking demon blood?" "An one night stand turned out bad. Turned out to be a demon basically and he gave me the first taste when I was asleep" I say. "Don't worry, I had worse one night stands" he says and I chuckle.