Family (Dean X Reader)

Dean and I have been dating for five years now and everything is going really good. We don't leave together yet even though he asked me to move in the bunker several time. I believe that the distance makes our connection stronger and stronger everytime we meet. At least that's what I'm saying to him. The truth is that I want nothing more than just be with him all day long but I'm too shy to meet his mom and even more shy to stay in the same place with her. So I've been avoiding any chance to meet her. She is probably not even gonna like me because I'm not quite his best choice. He is much better looking than me and much better hunter than me.

The last couple of weeks Mary is not staying at the bunker with the boys because she said that she needed some time. Dean said that she went to a friend's cabin with Bobby. So I agreed on stopping by and staying for a couple of days. Dean and I both need some time off because lately he hasn't been at his best. He keeps saying that he is fine but of course I don't believe him. There is no way he would ask for help. So I'm hoping that in those days we are together, I'll be able to break his walls and help him in the way he needs.

But I made sure to stop for pie before going to the bunker. Dean had given me a key to the bunker a few years ago in case of an emergency. So I park my car and I get in the bunker carrying my bag and the bag with the pie. Dean was standing in the library talking to someone, probably Sam, who was behind the wall, but stopped as he saw me. "Hey babe, I brought pie..." I say as I set it on the map table and I keep walking to him "...and I missed you" I say as I get closer to him. I get ready to hug him and kiss him but I stop as I see who he was talking to.

"John?" I whisper and John nods smiling. I look back at Dean "It's a long story, I'll explain later" Dean says. I look back at John and he hugs me. I hug him back and I close my eyes trying to prevent the tears from falling "You've grown up" he says "I did" I say with a chuckle. "Wait, you know each other?" Dean asks and we pull away. "John kinda saved me from a werewolf pack and stuck around for a while" I say "She was only fifteen and she was all alone so I tried to help her" John says. "Really?" Dean asks. I have never talked about this with Dean because I knew that he wouldn't be thrilled about it. John hasn't been the best father to him but tried to be a father to me, a stranger.

"Mom is almost done with the food" Sam says as he enters the library caring a few plates "Oh (Y/N), hi" he says as he sees me. He places the plates on the table "Your mom is here?" I whisper to Dean "Yeah, it's also a long story" he says "Ok, it's time for me to go then" I say turning around. "No" Dean says grabbing my arm "Follow me" he says. I roll my eyes but eventually I follow him to his room.

"You said that she wasn't here" I say as he closes the door "She wasn't but since dad came, Sam and I thought that she should be here too" he says "Yes, I agree but you could have called. Anyways, how is he here?" I ask "There was a pearl that gave a person what their heart desires. The idea was to take Michael out of my head but when I used it, this happened" he says looking at the floor. "Wait, wait, Michael? Out of your head? What?" I ask trying to understand what he had just said.

"I said yes to Michael" he says "What?" I ask shocked "I killed Lucifer with Michael's help. I didn't do it alone. And he took control over my body. That's why I was MIA five months ago, not because of a case. And three weeks ago he took control again but I managed to take control again" he says. Too much information and too many thoughts were hitting my brain right now. "So right now and for the last three weeks you are keeping an archangel in your head?" I ask "Yes" "And what? You didn't bother to let me know? You didn't bother to at least mention it? It wasn't important enough?" I ask "I'm sorry, I just thought that I could deal with it on my own. And I tried but..." "But?" "Sam stopped me" and as he says that I realize that he was planning on doing something really stupid.

"Stopped you from what?" I ask. He takes a deep breath and looks away from me. "Death gave me a plan in order to help me contain Michael. It included me and in a Ma'lak Box, a coffin secure enough that can hold everything. Even an archangel. So I get in the box, charge a boat to take me out of the Pacific... splash" he says and I can't help it but get angry at him. "So you were planning on burying yourself alive and you weren't gonna tell me anything?" I ask "I... I was working on a message--" "A message? Really? No. I deserved a face to face talk, I deserved to say goodbye" I say in an angry tone but also trying to keep myself together and not cry.

I walk to the door quickly and I get out of the room but he stops me. "Now that we are on the subject of confessions, why didn't you tell me that you knew my dad?" he asks "Because I know you good enough to know exactly how you would react. You'd be jealous because he never gave you the attention and credits you needed from him but was willing to give it to a stranger. Isn't that right Dean?" I ask but he doesn't answer. He just stares at me angrily but I am not scared of him.

I take my arm back and I go to the library and head to the door. But there was Mary and John. "Hey, you must be (Y/N)" Mary says as she sees me. She walks to me and hugs me "It's nice to finally meet you" she says "It's nice to meet you too" I say. She pulls away "Why don't you stay for dinner?" she asks "No, it's a family reunion. I should go" I say "(Y/N) please" John says "You are family too" he continues "And I'm sure that Dean would be happy to have you here" Mary says. I don't think so.

"Please" John says "Ok, ok" I say "Great, I'll put a plate for you next to Dean?" she asks "Sure..." I say.
_______________

The dinner was already really awkward from the first couple of minutes. Dean and I tried to avoid any eye contact and any talk referring to us. I pretend to have a call and I go to the kitchen in order to let them enjoy their time together because John will have to go soon. So as much as I wanted to stay there, I didn't and just sat in the kitchen alone.

I could hear them laugh and talk and, honestly, they deserve it. They deserve a proper family dinner and much more. About an hour later Sam and Dean came in the room carrying the empty plates. Dean just looked at me and didn't say anything. Sam noticed it and left us alone in the kitchen.

"Let me do the dishes, go have some time with your dad" I say as I walk to the counter. "It's fine" he says "No, go" I say and he just nods. He walks away and I start to wash them.

Dean's POV
I stop by the doorframe and I turn around. "I'm sorry" I say but she ignores me and continues to wash the dishes. "(Y/N)--" "Just go Dean" she says without bothering to look at me. I nod to myself and I walk back to the table.

"Everything ok?" my mom asks me as I sit back on my chair "Yeah" I say and I take a sip of my wine.

Your POV
We said our goodbyes and then Sam smashed the pearl. It was a very emotional moment for all of us. As I watched John disappear more tears rolled down my cheeks. Dean places his hand on my back but I immediately jerk away from him. I wipe my tears and I walk to the door.

Dean's POV
I see her run away and I mive to follow her but my mom stops me. "Mom, either you like it or not, she is the best thing that ever happened to me. The best thing I know. And being near her makes me be a better person. So I'm not going to let her leave at any cost" I say but she doesn't let me go "I know. I can see that. But she needs time, like all of us" she says.

"I don't care. I wanna be with her now" I say and I leave. Her car was still parked outside so she must have walked away. I look around and I see her walking in the woods. She was walking slowly with her arms crossed in front of her chest, probably because it's freezing outside. I run to her and I spin her around and I kiss her without spending another second.

Your POV
I place my hands on his chest and I push him away. "Go be with your mom, she needs both her sons right now. Your family needs you" I say "You are my family" he says rubbing my cheek. He takes his shirt of and places it on my shoulders. But he was left with just a short sleeves t-shirt in freezing air. I open my mouth to talk but he stops me "I'm fine" he says and hugs me.

"Just promise me that you'll never lie to me again. EVER. Because the truth is that I'm really scared of losing you" I say and I sob "That's why I got do pissed at you earlier" I continue. "I promise" he says rubbing my back. "I love you so much" he says "I love you too" I say.