Mess (Dean X Reader)

It's been a few months now that I've been feeling like crap. Every single day I'm just waking up having no idea what day it is and if we are working on a case I just get it over as fast as I can so I can go back home and stay alone with my misery. Well, not exactly alone. Dean has noticed that something is not ok and he is trying to cheer me up but I'm not ready in the mood. He is the best and I keep creating more problems to him. He shouldn't be forced to deal with me right now.

God, he is so cute when he is asleep. I think as I brush my hand through his hair. He opens his eyes "Good morning" Dean says softly and kisses my lips "Good morning" I say. He places his hand on my cheek and rubs it softly with his thumb "You're beautiful" he says. I feel my eyes get watery and I can't stop it. "Hey, are you ok?" he asks worried "Yeah, I'm fine" I say and I turn to the other side. "Babe, what's wrong?" he asks but I don't answer. I just cover myself with the blanket more.

I feel him as he gets up from the bed and he walks to the other side of the bed so he can see me. He kneels down and looks at me. He is making it a lot harder for me to keep it together. I turn to the other side again. "Ok, you don't want to talk. I'm gonna go make breakfast and when I get back. We are going to talk" he says. He kisses my cheek and gets out of the room.

I take my phone from the nightstand and I look at the news. I find a case almost immediately. I get up and I start to get dressed. "Where are you going?" Dean asks "Found a case, pretty sure it's a ghost" I say while getting my jacket on "I'm coming too" "No, I got this" "I'm not leaving you alone" he says and I frown. "Fine, I'll be in the car" I say and I leave the room.
_______________

Seems like the ghost was the owner of an old dinner that was near the lake. He was a crappy boss, so he was killed by his own employees because they hoped that this way his son would take over the business. They had hit him in the head with a pan and then threw him in the lake. That's how he is killing now everyone that worked there and their families.

"Ready?" Dean asks and I nod. We go to his grave which was im the woods a few feet away from the lake but before we could start digging Dean's phone started ringing. "The kid is gone" he says as he hangs up "I got this" I say and I run to the lake. "Mommy!" I heard the kid's voice and I ran to his direction.

"Hi, are you ok?" I ask him "I want my mommy" "Ok, I'm gonna take you to her. Let's go" I say and I pick him up. But I get thrown away almost immediately. The ghost appeals and gets closer to the kid. The kid is crying and I run there but I wasn't fast enough. The ghost threw the kid in the freezing cold lake. "Dean! Hurry up!" I yell hoping that he heard me.

I jump in the lake and I try to find the kid. I swim deeper and deeper. I finally find him and I carry him out of the water. But the ghost grabs my leg and does let me get out of the water keeping both us us under. I try to kick him but he is not willing to let me go.

Dean finally burnt his bones and I was able to get out. I let the kid on the ground and I start chest compressions. But his body is already so cold. Dean comes running to me. "It's over (Y/N), he's gone" Dean says "No, he is gonna be ok" "No (Y/N). (Y/N)!" he yells and I look at him. "Look at him. He is pale and he is freezing cold. He is gone" he says. "We better go before the cops come" he says but I just stand there and look at the poor kid's body. "Come on" Dean says softly and takes my hand.
_______________

Dean pulls over in the motel's parking lot and I immediately get out of the car. "(Y/N) wait" Dean says "What?" I ask "I will go bring food. What do you want?" "Nothing" I say and I continue to walk to the room "Hey, hey, what happened today, it wasn't your fault. It was going to happen anyways" he says "Leave me alone Dean" I say and I close the door on his face. I take some clothes and I go in the bathroom. I look myself in the mirror.

How did I get here? How did I become such a mess? I worth to stay alone. I am totally worth it. How is Dean still here? And if he goes out now and screw some whore he met in the bar I am not going to be mad. Because she will for sure be better than me. He deserves better. I deserve to stay alone. Because I am a mess. I am a broken mess. I can't even do my job right. Dean is right, I'm useless. I'm sure that he can find better than my mess. How did he even stayed with me this long? I mean look at me.

Tears are streaming down my face and I look even worse. I close my eyes and I take a deep breath but it doesn't seem like it helps me to calm down. I punch the mirror over and over again until the little pieces fall off. I stop and I sob. I look down at the sink where my tears were falling on the mirror's broken pieces. And I finally break down.

Dean's POV
I took food from the dinner and I walked back to the motel. I bought (Y/N)'s favourite because I know that her mood is not the best lately and especially after what happened earlier. I get in the room and a loud noise from the bathroom makes me worried. It sounded like someone was breaking glass. But it stopped after a few seconds. I open the door and I see (Y/N) crying.

Your POV
Someone opens the door and I turn to look that it's Dean. "What's wrong baby?" he asks "I'm so sorry that I screwed up today. I know that lately I'm nothing but one more problem to you. I can't even save a scared little kid. I'm useless. I'm a mess. Why are you still here Dean? Why are you still with me? I'm sure you can find a way better than me" I say between my sobs "Because I don't want better. Well, I am not even sure I can find better. You are the best" he says "Really? Are you sure? Because I'm not the same (Y/N), Dean. I'm not that same hunter I was. Do you even recognize her anymore?*point at the broken mirror*. Because I don't. I don't know who she is. I have no idea how I got here". Dean cups my face "Well, let me remind you. She is the strongest, smartest, most badass and most beautiful woman I have ever met. She is the woman that is there for me and deals with my crap even when I don't want her there and she knows it. But she stays because she also knows that I need her even if I don't want to admit it. She is the woman that I'm in love with since the moment I meet her. And I get that sometimes she need my help too. She just needs me to remind her that I love her and that she is perfect. Like I do when she complains about a place that she missed when she was shaving her legs or about her left boob being much weirder than the right one" he says and I chuckle "I don't care if you missed a place at shaving or if you think your right side looks better than your left because you are perfect to me (Y/N), all the time. To be honest, it seems like I am doing a pretty bad job at reminding you of that. And right now, you are just going through something and I'm sure that you will be back soon even stronger. I love you (Y/N) (Y/L/N)" he says and kisses me. "You mean the world to me baby. And I'm sorry that I haven't told you that enough" "I love you" I say and I kiss him.

"You know that we are probably the two most screwed up people on this planet" I say and he chuckles "Yeah, but this might be the magic in our relationship" he says and I smile. He leans again for a kiss. It was a slow and passionate kiss that none of us wanted to end. "How about we take some time away from hunting? Go for vacation? Recharge our batteries?" he asks "Just you, me and the beach" he continues "Sounds great" I say and I kiss him again.