Best friend (Dean X Reader)

It's been almost 7 years since I broke up with Dean but almost a two weeks since the last time I saw him on a hunt. It was the first time we met after 7 years and I froze when I saw him. I wanted to run to him, jump on him and hug him with all my strength. But the memories hold me back from doing all that and I remembered why I didn't want to see him ever again.

He was there with Sam, while I was there with Kathryn, my best friend. Kathryn and I have been hunting together for the last 5 years and we are like sisters. But she doesn't know about my past with Dean and I would like it to stay that way.

Unfortunately, that night, we had to work together in order to solve the case and not to let Katherine think that something is wrong. I mean who wouldn't agree on working a case with the Winchesters. The only thing I'm grateful of is that Dean noticed from really early that I wasn't comfortable with this so he kept his distance and didn't put me into any difficult situation.

Today, Kathryn and I closed our latest case and headed to a local bar to celebrate the new record we just hit. 12 vampires in one night. "New record on bloodsuckers, ding ding" I say raising my glass. She does too "Next challenge, werewolves" she says "It's on" I say and we drink on that. "Now, I wanna tell you something" she says "I'm listening" I say "I met someone that I'm really attracted to and we had our first date after our previous case. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I thought that I should try it first and then tell you about him" she says "That's great and ok, I get it" I say excited "And from the fact that you are telling me this now I'm guessing it went good" I continue.

"Yes. It went great actually" she says even more excited "He must be the best guy out there. I mean he is handsome and a great hunter" she continues "Ok love bird. Who is he?" I ask "It's Dean Winchester, from our last case" she says and I freeze. The smile from my face disappears. "Oh, wow. That's... That's great. I'm so happy for you" I say forcing another smile on my face. I couldn't hurt her. Hunting is her life and passion and it's the first time she is so happy about someone.

"I'm so glad you are. He is actually on his way here now. I told him to meet me here because he was working a case a few towns away. I hope you don't mind" she says and I almost choke on my drink. "Hey, are you ok?" she asks "Yes, yes. I would love to see him again but I just remembered that I have to do something.  I'll be at our motel room. I'm sorry" I say "Ok" she says and I leave as fast as I could.

But I wasn't fast enough. I fell on the one single person I wanted to avoid as soon as I exited the bar. "Sorry, my fault" he says and I nod looking down. I couldn't look at his face. "She's waiting for you" I say and I start to walk away but he grabs my arm. "Wait--" he says but I stop him "No, stop. I'm sorry but I can't do this" I say and I run to my car. I get in and I drive back in the motel as fast as I could.

I get in the room and I lock the door behind me. I take a deep breath and I sit on the bed. "She's your best friend" I whisper to myself "She's the best and she deserves everything in the world. She should have whatever makes her happy. Even if that something is... him. I'm fine with it" I continue and I take another deep breath "I'm fine with it as long as she's happy. I'm fine with it" I say and I lay back on the bed.
______________

Nine months  later, these two were still together and I was fine with it as soon as Kathryn was fine. They worked cases together and spent time together and I was fine with it. But she still doesn't know about my past with Dean. I feel awful lying to her and I tried to tell her but I couldn't do it and I know that the more I delay it the worst is going to be when she founds out that both Dean and I hide it from her.

"(Y/N)!" Kathryn yells and I snap out of my thoughts "What?" I ask "I need to tell you something" she says and sits next to me "I'm listening" I say. She takes a deep breath "Do you think that Dean wants a normal life?" she asks me. ME. "I don't know" I say "Do you?" I ask her "No, I don't. You know me, hunting is my life. I don't want a normal happy life" she says "Well, you can ask him" I say and she nods. "I will meet him in a few minutes. I should actually be on my way there" she says and gets up "See you later" she says "See you" I say and she leaves. Gosh, she will find out sooner or later and it's going to be bad.
______________