Transcript-Interrogation of Darryl Jones

Interrogation Officer: Sgt. Adam Dalton

Location: 14 Convenience St.-AtHome Corporation Headquarters

Date: 11/02/2012

Time: 9:10 AM

Dalton: Thank you for taking the time to speak to me, Mr. Jones.

Jones: No problem.

Dalton: For the record, you are Jonathan Ludarac's employer, correct?

Jones: Strictly speaking, everyone here is employed by the AtHome Corporation, but I suppose that's a semantic issue. I'm Jon's immediate superior if that's what you're asking.

Dalton: That is good enough. What is it Jon does here?

Jones: His title is archivist.

Dalton: What's that?

Jones: He maintains our records of events, transactions, customer complaints, things like that.

Dalton: Ah, I see. Well, I'm wondering if you've noticed any change in Jonathan recently.

Jones: Is this about those four guys?

Dalton: What four guys would those be?

Jones: The ones from the trial. It has been in the papers and on the news. All four have died recently.

Dalton: That is the case I'm investigating.

Jones: Look, detective, Jon didn't have anything to do with that. He's too nice of a guy.

Dalton: Can you offer any proof that he has nothing to do with these deaths?

Jones: No, I don't have anything that proves he's innocent, but one, trust me. He didn't do it. He's not the type that would, and two, even if he did do it, does he really deserve to be put away for it? Everyone here knows Jon, and we followed the trial when it was going on. Look, I believe that most of the time, justice is served in the courts, but even you have to admit that every now and then, the criminal justice system screws up, and the wrong person ends up in jail, or the right person ends up staying on the streets. We've got a good system, but it's not perfect. I don't think Jonathan did it, but even if he did, I don't care.