Transcript-Interrogation of Frederick Nevin

Interrogating Officers: Sgt. Eric Renfield, Sgt. Adam Dalton

Location: 7012 Peetree Rd.-Haven Park Elementary School

Date: 10/26/2012

Time: 10:10 AM

Dalton: Thank you for meeting with us, Mr. Nevin.

Nevin: No problem. I've got a kid coming for a session in about a half hour. Is this....

Dalton: It shouldn't take that long. I'd like to ask you about Cooper Ludarac.

Nevin: Sure.

Dalton: Have you noticed any drastic change in Cooper recently?

Nevin: Cooper Ludarac is one of the most resilient kids I have ever seen. Perhaps he's too young to truly understand what happened to Lucy. He's as happy as he ever was.

Dalton: No disturbing behavior?

Nevin: Not that I've seen. Hell, you would think the family didn't change at all based on Cooper's behavior. He's a smart kid, happy, creative. I stopped seeing him two weeks ago because I no longer felt it was necessary. Maybe when he's older, he'll want to discuss what happened to his sister, but for the present, he seems almost unaware of it.

Renfield: You don't think his lack of a response to Lucy's death is, in itself, strange?

Nevin: I see plenty of kids every day who really do require my attention. If Cooper does not appear to be upset and he is not acting out, I don't believe sessions with him are necessary.

Dalton: Did he ever speak about his father, Jonathan?

Nevin: He talked about his parents a little. I was focused more on any emotional damage to Cooper, but I asked about his parents sometimes just to make sure that his home-life was in order.

Dalton: What did he say about them?

Nevin: Nothing of real importance. From what I heard, his home-life seemed to be just fine.

Dalton: What did he say about Kayla?

Nevin: Nothing.

Dalton: The baby?

Nevin: What baby?

Dalton: His mother was pregnant recently.

Nevin: I don't know anything about that.

Dalton: Thank you for your time, Mr. Nevin. Where can we find Susan Campbell?