Chapter 95: Van

Van took a deep breath as he looked back at the bodies strewn across the floor of his mother's house and listened to her angry screams as the police dragged her down the steps of the home.

"This is a mistake! Don't take my picture! You have no right!" she roared and tried to cover her face from the flashing cameras around her.

This was the part of the plan he didn't want to do. He just wanted to get Amani home. He wasn't in the right frame of mind to speak to the press. He sure as hell didn't want them speaking to Amani or getting close to her.

He pulled the blanket around her again but she grabbed his hand to stop him. "I know you don't like this, but you have to let them see me. They have to see us, Van."

He looked into her tired cinnamon and honey orbs. God, she was so strong and bloody smart. His heart thumped, he still couldn't believe she owned Blarque Trust and how did she know he owned the manor? He kissed her head. He didn't care how she knew. It didn't matter. "I know, little witch. I just want to go home."

"We are. We just have to get through this." She leaned up on her tip toes and kissed the corner of his mouth. "You've already done the hard part."

He let out a slow breath and nodded. "Alright."

"Let me through! I'm Lord Blarcum's solicitor!" Daryl yelled from the barrier of police officers in front of the entrance. Brody was quick to approach the officers and let him through.

"Bloody hell, I'm glad Marie called me. It's a mess out there." Daryl shook his head as he walked up to them. "Are you alright? Are either of you hurt?"

Bless Marie for calling Daryl. He'd keep the reporters at bay and speak to them on their behalf. All Van had to do was walk to the car with Amani.

"We're fine. Thank you for coming. I-I'm not sure I can handle all of this right now." He could be strong for Amani. He could be the warrior she needed him to be, but if someone asked him the wrong question, he wasn't sure how calm and level-headed he was capable of being.

"Mm, don't worry. You just stick with your agents. I'll handle the press." Daryl nodded and his eyes glimmered with pride. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for a moment like this. I didn't think it would be this dramatic, but we finally got her."

Amani chuckled softly. "Yes, we did and it's about damn time. I'm kind of mad I didn't get to punch that bitch."

A soft laugh escaped Van's lips and he shook his head at his feisty woman. "I'm sure I can have that arranged if you really want to."

Daryl let out a bark of laughter. "Well, you must be alright if you're laughing. Come on, you can talk about your sinister plans later. Let's get you out of here."

Van sat in his office at the manor signing paperwork for the transfer of shares and finalizing his statement for Rebecca and Catriona's trials

Van sat in his office at the manor signing paperwork for the transfer of shares and finalizing his statement for Rebecca and Catriona's trials. It had been a month since the incident at Catriona's and life had resumed as if nothing ever happened.