Chapter 35: Lady Fife

Rebecca angrily clutched the handle of her golf club. She'd been watching Van and his assistant the whole tournament. 

I haven't seen him smile like that in years.

After he caught her with Declan, the happiness in him died and he turned cold. So, when she caught his small smile earlier, she thought it was because of her. She thought he was coming around to the idea of them being together again. She may have threatened him, but that hint of happiness on his face settled her fears.

Until she saw his phone and the messages from Amani. Her jaw clenched. He wasn't smiling because of their rekindling love. He was smiling because of that peon. The bloody American. She snarled as she watched the menial woman do a little dance after her impeccable drive, again.

"I can't believe she's never played before. That Amani lass is exquisite," Lord Pruitt murmured next to her.

She grit her teeth. Everyone was talking about her.

'The bonny lass.'

'The wee American.'

'She's so cute.'

'She's so funny.'

Rebecca couldn't understand why everyone seemed to be captivated by her. Amani may have a cute face, but her body and her skin. Rebecca shook her head in disgust. She was too dark and too curvy. Van surely didn't like that. He preferred a lighter more slender woman, like herself. He could never resist her small tight ass and her firm tits. She adjusted her top and discreetly pushed up her bosom. 

My chest is full enough. 

She growled at herself. What did she care if Amani filled out that skirt with her perfect round ass and small waist? Even her chest looked amazing in that disgusting last season argyle vest.

Rebecca's cheeks burned as she watched Van walk just slightly behind Amani and his eyes followed the sway of her hips. Amani turned to say something to him and a slight smile tugged at his lips again. No one would think anything of that look on his face, but Rebecca knew that little twinkle in his eyes. 

He used to look at me like that. The poor sod used to be so in love with me.

He was like a little puppy that worshiped the ground she walked on. She wanted that back. She'd make him look at her that way again.

She was duped by Declan Abernathy and the glamorous life he'd promised her. It wasn't glamorous at all. He just wanted to spend her fortune on his gambling addiction. That repugnant man nearly lost all her money. She had to beg her parents to help her out of near ruin.

Declan wasn't even that good in bed, not like Van. She was too thrilled by all their sneaking around that she didn't realize how good she had it with him. Van would've given her anything she asked for and he'd never use her for something as trivial as gambling.

A devilish smile curled on her lips. Nothing would get in the way of her getting his last name. Not this time.

"Gemma!" She called her dark-haired assistant to her.

"Yes, m'Lady?"

Rebecca cut her cold blue eyes at her. "I want you to find out everything you can about Miss Amani Blake."

"Yes, ma'am." She nodded and tapped the note in her phone.

Amani wasn't going to ruin this arrangement. She would find every dirty little detail about her. She'd drive her away from Van, make her quit, then he wouldn't be so distracted by her.

He'd have no one to pay attention to, but me.

As it should be.